Saturday, December 29, 2012

China Glaze Spring 2013 Collection - Tranzitions

Today we are going to start with the spring collections and I am more than ready to begin shopping for the new season!  I have visions of pinks and all kinds of pastel nail hues running through my head and I am already trying to figure out how I am going to store all the new nail polish shades that I will end up purchasing over the next few months.  Storage of polishes is still the same issue for me that it was several months ago, I haven't been to a Bed Bath and Beyond with the holiday shopping season just ending and I have to visit this store and find some type of drawer or container that can store a polish collection that is very rapidly growing.  One of my goals of 2013 to start organizing my stuff better so that I can be ready to move out when I finish my degree.  I think a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond is order before the next semester begins...

The first of the spring collections of nail polish is China Glaze Tranzitions, this is the first of two spring collections that I believe this company will be coming out with.  Lately, the polish company has brought multiple collections out for each season, many of them have tie-ins to movie releases so I do wonder what else will be on the way over the next few months.

The Tranzitions collection contains series of new polish colors and then several top coats that can be layered over the shades.  The top coats change the shade of each polish and allow the user to create all different kinds of patterns and looks for the nail.  This collection of polishes will help create all kinds of nail art looks, this is one of the easier ways to work into a nail art look.  You can make these patterns as complex or simple as you wish, I would be more likely to start with simple dots or stripes and then try to work up to a more complex pattern (if I even could).  It looks to me like each base shade has it's own top coat color and I have yet to figure out if they can only be used together or if the top coats can be used on any base shade.

The Ulta website provides a full description of the formula for the China Glaze Nail Lacquer, this only applies to the traditional hues in the collection (the top coats are totally different).  "China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading. Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary."

Here are the shades in the collection...

- Altered Reality - medium teal with teal shimmer and a metallic finish, when used with matching top coat - bluish teal
- Duplicity - aqua with matte finish, when used with matching top coat - deep teal
- Metallic Metamorphosis - gray with a silver metallic finish, when used with matching top coat - dark charcoal
- Modify Me - medium periwinkle blue cream, when used with matching top coat - deep blue
- Shape Shifter - deep gray with purple flash, when used with matching top coat - deep purple
- Split Personality - light pink with cream finish, when used with matching top coat - dark pink

I love the aqua shades in this collection, I want both the Altered Reaility and Duplicity shades.  I will be using aquas and emeralds all spring and this will be a new way to wear the trend on my nails.  Modify Me is another great hue for spring, periwinkle would actually fill a hole in my polish collection since I don't own any shade like this already.  Lastly, Metallic Metamorphosis is a deep gray that I would use in the winter and then put away for next fall.  However I must buy and try one of these shades before I decide that I must have all four of the shades.

Most of my concern is that I might have issues using the polishes and creating designs.  It sounds very easy however China Glaze polishes are quite thick and I do wonder how control would be on creating the design, I have not seen much information on these polishes in any beauty blog or magainze so I will be watching out for some more thoughts and reviews on them.

Let's get spring started!

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: