Friday, December 7, 2012

Urbay Decay Naked Basics Eye Palette

As I stated in my Most Wanted list for this month, one of the items that I am the most excited about is the third eye palette in the Urban Decay Naked series.  I bought the original Naked palette when it first came out and then was one of the first 1000 people to order Naked 2 last holiday season (before the Urban Decay website crashed and was down for the next few hours) and they are still two of the eye shadow palettes that I turn to the most often.  This year, Urban Decay has added another Naked to the family, the Naked Basics palette is a smaller version of the first two palettes and only features matte eye shadow shades.  This looks like it will be the easiest of all the Naked Palettes to wear, the first two are not for ladies who do not like shimmer and lots of it.  Both the original palettes contained matte shades however I am a bit concerned since these were always the worst performing shades in the palettes...

Even though Naked does not have the best track record with matte shadows, I am still excited to order and try this eye shadow palette.  I know that I will get a lot of use from these sixshades, both when mixing them together and then when using them with all of the other shades in the first two Naked palettes.  Of the six shades in this palette, four of them are brand new and exclusive to this palette.  Those four shades alone will make me want to purchase this palette...

As of right now, the palette is available on the Sephora website and the Urban Decay website but has not hit the Sephora stores yet.  Naked 2 was released in exactly the same fashion and I believe that it actually hit the stores in the end of January last year.  I will have to decide if I am going to order it early or wait and play with the tester...

"A matte palette by Urban Decay, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals—including four never-before-seen shades.  The long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked is the palette everyone needs in their beauty arsenal. With six versatile and extremely wearable Naked shades, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades. It all comes in a sleek compact embossed with a pretty, metallic NAKED on the front that has a slight sheen and suede-like feel that begs to be touched. Best of all, the slim design is perfect for travel, so you’ll never have to be without these must-have shades.  Each eye shadow features Urban Decay’s brand new Pigment Infusion System™, the proprietary blend of ingredients that gives every shade its velvety texture, rich color, serious staying power, and blendability."

The shades contained in the new palette are:

- Venus - soft off white demi-matte
- Foxy - very light yellow/white matte
- Walk of Shame - very light nude matte
- Naked2 - taupe matte
- Faint - warm dusty brown matte
- Crave - deepest darkest brown/black matte

The shades aren't the most unique but I know that I will will get a lot of use from all of them, they will be wasy to mix with each other and with any of the shades in the two original palettes.  I will review this product in full once I order/purchase it in the store so more information is coming over the next month!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: