Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MAC Candy Yum Yum is Permanent!

Earlier this year, MAC allowed their fans to pick from some of the best shades that had been discontiued or only part of limited edition collections.  Candy Yum Yum was my choice for the Lipstick category, this lisptick shades was originally released in the spring of 2011 with the Quite Cute collection.  This collection contained all shades of pinks and other candy-inspired pastels and was a best selling collection for MAC.  If my memory serves me, I wanted Candy Yum Yum right when it came out but it is one of those products that sold out within hours of hitting the website and was completely done after the pre-order at the counters.

Candy Yum Yum easily won the Lipstick category in the By Request collection and the same fate befell this lisptick shade.  It sold out in minutes and I never got to the counter in time to buy the shade.  I just kept waiting for a restock and then started trying to match a picture of it to shades in the regular MAC Lipstick collection.  But I now can stop obsessing...because as of today Candy Yum Yum is permanent!

""The Lipstick dreams were made of" is back so you can get your fix of the vibrant, matte pink of Candy Yum-Yum. The colour most coveted by Makeup Artists and enthusiasts alike in M∙A∙C By Request is now available to you permanently. Enjoy!"  One of the biggest trends for this spring is bright neon matte lips so I would have wanted this shade even if I hadn't spent so much time trying to find it earlier in the year.

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Candy Yum Yum - neon pink (Matte)

Already this lipstick is out of stock but I am much more content with having to wait this time around since I can get it anytime.  I am so excited to finally get a tube of this shade for the spring months and to be able to wear it!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: