Monday, December 3, 2012

Dior J'Adore

J'Adore is one of the best selling fragrances for the house of Dior and has been one of the most popular fragrances on the market for the past few years.  I know many ladies that wear this fragrance all the time and while it smells very nice on most of them, the fact that everyone owns this fragrance has made me not want to buy or wear it for the longest time.  I hate smelling like everyone else and that is the big reason why I never bought another bottle of Philosophy's Amazing Grace after I finished up my last bottle of it.  If I smell exactly like the person stasnding next to me, I often want to run to the other side of the room and stand somewhere else for the rest of the night.  Nothing personal against the user but I just hate having fragrasnce twins when I go out.

So why and how did I end up trying and wearing this scent?  On my last Sephora order, the sample selection was terrible and I just randomly picked any fragrance on the page that I didn't own or have some type of sample of already.  Realistically, if I try it one and hate it, I can just throw the rest of the sample vial away and it won't bother me at all.  I used it yesterday and today, it pains me to say this but I do understand why it is so very popular.  It is a lovely smelling white floral fragrance that isn't overpowering and won't offend anyone's nose.  Do I like it and how it smells on me?  Yes I do!

"Radiant, sensual, sophisticated, J'adore is a fragrance that celebrates the renaissance of extreme femininity and the power of spontaneous emotion with a brilliant bouquet of orchids, the velvet touch of Damascus plum, and the mellowness of amaranth wood.  For the confident, sensual woman who celebrates her femininity - this is Dior's golden girl."

The notes of the fragrance are: Mandarin, Champaca Flowers, Ivy, African Orchid, Rose, Violet, Damascus Plum, Amaranth Wood, Blackberry Musk.

I see that there is a rose note in the heart of this fragrance but I must say that I do not get any rose on my skin.  This is a rarity in itself, normally rose notes really bloom on my skin and will take the whole fragrance over.  On my skin, this fragrance is a light white floral.  Again this fragrance does not behave on my skin the way that the majority of white florals do, magnolia and tuberose notes normally come out so strong my skin that I really have to control when I wear them and how much of the fragrance I apply to my skin.  The African Orchid and Violet notes should b e very strong on me but they are more subtle and keep this fragrance much lighter than most white florals.

This is not a unique or amazing fragrance, you could very easily find another white floral from any company that would work just as well or even better in many cases.  This fragrance is very popular because it smells pretty and is light enough to not offend anyone around you.  Do I plan to buy a bottle of this?  Maybe but doubtful.  I haven't enough room on my dresser for the fragrances that I already own and don't need to buy anything that I do not really love.  I can't say that I would never buy this fragrance, it is a good choice for an office environment and would well during the spring and summer months since it is much lighter than many other white florals.  I will shelve my thoughts on buying a bottle of this until next spring and I will try it again and make a final decision then.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: