Thursday, December 27, 2012

MAC Apres Chic

Apres Chic is the last of the four new collections that MAC just released, this is one of the two full color collections.  I found some great choices yesterday in Strength and I am now even more excited to check out this collection, I have shopped from MAC in several weeks now and I want some new items from them so much.  I am fairly certain that this collection will be at the counters, but I still have no answer on the Strength collection, I am still really hoping that both of them will be at my counter the next time that I visit them.

Apres Chic is a Mineralize collection, MAC seems to do one Mineralize collection for every single season and these are usually not among my favorite collections.  Mineralize is a not a product line that I love even though it has tons of fans in the MAC audience.  Maybe one day something in this series will make me fall madly in love with the formula.  I am most interested in a blush if I plan to try this formula, I find the eye shadows very pretty but the marbled colors don't allow me quite as much control of the product as I would like.  Perhaps a blush or a face highlighter will change my views of the formulas...

"Natural glamour appears effortless, and in its element with M•A•C's face and colour collection set to heat up winter looks. Features our coveted Mineralize Skinfinish, Blush and Eye Shadow, and Tinted Lip Balm. Also introducing Pro Longwear Eye Liner."  I am going to be looking for basics in this collection, I would love to find some new eye shadows that will work well with all the golds and bronzes that I own and some neutral lip hues to take me all the way into the spring months.  This collection looks as though the shades contained in it will be very easy to wear and I bet that it will sell very quickly at the counters.

The Apres Chic collection...

Mineralize Eye Shadow - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage.
- Ice - light peach base with white veining
- Winter Pursuit - copper base with gray veining
- Silver Birch - gray base with peach veining
- Frost at Midnight - deep blue/gray base with purple veining
- Fireside - deep plum with gray veining

Zoom Waterfast Lash - The fast-to-act drama of creamy, velvety Zoom Lash in a tear/sweat/humidity/waterproof formula. Curls and lengthens with flexible, sculpted application - everything you love about the original is here. Provides up to 12 hours of smudge-proof wear!

Pro Longwear Eye Liner -  Pro Longwear's long-lasting eye liner delivers creamy, dense colour that glides on smoothly. 12-hour waterproof formula stays put and smudge-free.
- Black Ice - rich black
- Rich Experience - true brown
- Mountain Air - vibrant teal
- Night Trail - deep navy blue
- Snow Shadow - purple violet

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made M·A·C famous.
- Warm Companion - beige with gold pearl
- Cozy Up - deep caramel
- Haute Attitude - midtone blue pink
- Apres Chic - pinky brick red
- Hot Chocolate - dirty plum

Mineralize Tinted Balm - A liquid lip balm that adds moisture while providing the right pop of color and mirror-like shine. Enriched with a special, nourishing 77 Mineral-Rich Complex. Can be worn alone or over other Lip products.
- Stay Warm! - creamy light pink
- Slightly Nude - nudey coral with subtle pink pearl
- Pure and Tender - plumy creamy nude
- Nice and Simple - bronzy gold with multi dimensional pearl
- Rosy Romance - bluish plum with subtle pink pearl

Mineralize Blush - Baked minerals refined into a powder formula to provide exceptionally sheer and lightweight application. Colour builds lightly, layer after layer, without heavy coverage. Veils and enhances the cheekbones with a luminous, pearlized shimmer.
- Amber Glow - warm peach
- Alpine Bronze - midtone caramel
- Gentle - raspberry with gold pearl

Mineralize Skinfinish -  A luxurious velvet-soft powder with high-frost metallic finish. Smoothes on: adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks, or an overall ultra-deluxe polish to the face.
- Porcelain Pink - sofy pinky coral with gold veining
- Stereo Rose - coral with golden/bronze shimmering nuances

Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new high gloss formula. Three long-wearing finishes - Cream, Sheer, and Frosted. Visibly different. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer!
- Hangin' Loose - dirty pink nude
- Dangerously Fun - berry tone blue red

287 Duo Fibre Eye Shadow Brush - A rounded, medium sized, double-chiseled, paddle-shaped brush. Perfect for applying and blending Eye Shadow. Made from a blend of soft, natural bristles and synthetic fibres, allowing for a light wash of colour.

187 Duo Fibre Face Brush - A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

Just as with the Strength collection, my favorites from this collection are the lip products!  The Lipsticks contain several solid offerings, these are more neutral shades than the other collection.  Haute Attitude is a sheer blue pink that will be great for my skintone and I will be able to wear this shade all year long, I must seek this color out the next time that I go to the counter.  Apres Chic is the other lipstick shade that I want is Apres Chic, of course I would want yet another MAC red lipstick shade.  I wonder if their is a contest for who loves MAC red lipsticks the most in the world...

I am not into the Mineralize Eye Shadows in this collection, this is not going to be the collection that will convert me to using this formulas.  I don't like any of the shades and won't be trying any of them.  Perhaps if I can find a collection with shades that I prefer, I will be more likely to try them out.  The eye shadows are extremely sheer and will need to be built up to create color.  Maybe the spring color collections will have a better selection of the Mineralize Eye Shadow shades. 

I might consider trying one of the Mineralize Blushes, Gentle is a pretty raspberry shade but I will need to see how warm it is.  It has gold veins in it and therefore I hope it doesn't wash me out.  I must try this one as the counter, I can't order it online.  I am not really interested in either of the Mineralize Skinfinishes, I would be more likely to purchase one of these if the makeup artist at MAC recommended a great shade for me.  I will need to ask some questions the next time that I go to counter, I have two artists that I completely trust at MAC and I will get some opinions on how they think these products will work for me.

To round out my shopping list, the Nail Lacquer in Dangerously Fun will be added to my order.  I have been all over red nail polishes lately and this one is slightly more pink than the last few that I have bought. 

I think this collection will have more universal appeal than Strength, the shades are much easier wear and will work for more skintones than those.  I wish that the Mineralize Eye Shadows work be more appealing to me since I would be interested in trying one or two out but I dislike every single one of these shades.  Maybe next time...

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: