Saturday, December 15, 2012

Philosophy Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer

I have been working my way through the Sephora Beauty Insider Skincare Smaple bag that I received last fall, so far I have been very happy with the Lancome moisturizer that I tried first from the set and I had already bought a new jar of it by the time that I did the review.  I am now on the second product from the bag, Philosophy's Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer.  Many people who read this blog will remember that I love Philosophy skincare products and have used many of them over the years, Purity Made Simple still remains one of my favorite face washes that I have used.  Miracle Worker is a product that I had not used before but had always wanted to try and I jumped on the chance to try a huge sample of it when I decided to place my Sephora order so that I could qualify for the sample bag.

There are two formulas of the Miracle Worker face cream, the traditional and then a lighter, oil-free version.  I received the traditional version in the sample bag and this is a light textured lotion to begin with and I wouldn't even consider using the oil-free version until the spring and summer months, my skin is much to dry to use a light lotion in the winter months.  I actually wish that this product was offered in a third formula, a really rich and hydrating cream for those of us with dry skin.  This being the case, even though I do like this product a lot, I will not be purchasing the full size product until the spring months.

Sephora states, "A rejuvenating, age-fighting hydrator that softens, firms, and brightens the complexion.  This luxurious cream treats signs of aging and fortifies the skin's natural moisture barrier, maximizing moisture-retention capacity for healthy, soft, smooth results. Loaded with vitamin C and glutathione, this revitalizing essential helps enhance natural collagen production, promote longevity, and imparts radiance.  This easily absorbed, satiny formula is comfortable for all skin types." 

This product contains reservatrol, an important anti-oxidant that is being used more and more in face care products.  This ingredient was used heavily first by Caudalie and now other companies seem to be jumping on the bandwagon.  Vitamin C and Glutathione are both anti-oxidant ingredients and will help to enhance the effects of the reservatrol as they both help to enhance collagen production.  Aging bascially occurs when cells and proteins break down faster than they can be produced by the skin and this product will be helpful in reversing some of the signs of aging by protecting the skin from free radicals and helping to skip collagen production.  That being said, I don't have the visible signs of aging that this product is made to combat so I can't really comment on the full benefits of this product as I cannot reap them.

This face cream works very well to help hydrate my skin, it could be richer and I would only purchase this product from spring to fall.  My facial skin will get a bit dry a few hours after application and I do need to reapply it or use it with the hydrating face primer from Clarins.  This product is very much like the other skincare products from Philosophy, simple formulas that perform well without going above and beyond to change the skin.  This product hydrates well enough for normal and combination skin; I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin and I would recommend the oil-free version for oilier skin types.  The lotion absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any type of residue on the skin, I still wish that it was a bit thicker but that is my only complaint about the product and it simply means that I will not use the product in the winter months.

Miracle Worker is a nice face cream, but one that I don't really reap all the benefits of.  I would be likely to try more face creams from this company as I don't need all the anti-aging benefits that this product provides.  I still like that the formula is simple and doesn't contain excess ingredients that will only irritate my skin.  I do find Philosophy skincare products to be very good for skin that is sensitive or easily irritated and I think that this is one of the reasons that these skincare products always sell well. 

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: