Thursday, September 6, 2012

Chanel Fashion Night Out 2012 Collection - Les Twin-Sets de Chanel

Happy Fashion Night Out!  This is one of my favorite days of the year and I love to celebrate all the special designs and products that have been created especially for this day.  Unfortunatly, I have my Microeconomics class to night so I cannot take the train in New York City and really celebrate.  School will come first right now but it will pay off in the next few years when I move up to the city and can celebrate the event in style every single year.  More companies than I can name off the top of my head have released special limited goods for Fashion Night Out.  I am currently drooling over the Christian Louboutin heels that have dragons on the sides of them and the thought of meeting the Clarins sisters at one of the NYC Sephoras tonight. 

With all of the great companies celebrating this holiday, I could have written tons of posts on all the new products that will be available for today only.  Since Fashion night Out is only one night, I have decided to pick my favorite brand and see what they have introduced to celebrate.  It is will surprise no one that I picked Chanel and wanted to see the small limited edition collection that they have released for the holiday.  I was even more excited to see that this collection contains two of my favorite products, nail polish and lipstick.  I am intrigued about trying the trend of matching my nail polish and my lipstick shades, this trend reminds me so much of I Love Lucy and the rest of the ladies that lived in that era.

This collection is named Les Twin-Sets de Chanel and contains three new, limited edition shades that are offered only in lipstick and nail polish.  "This limited-edition colour collection celebrates fashion's most exceptional evening with three chic duos for lips and nails."  The nail polish is the traditional Le Vernis formula that has been a favorite of mine since I got my first bottle in junior high.  The lipstick is a matte finish (a current favorite finish of mine) and is the Rouge Allure Velvet formula. 

My favorite part of Fashion Night Out!

Le Vernis - Classic and trend-defining shades from the runways of Paris.  State-of-the art formula strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers long-wearing, high-shine, chip-resistant colour.  Applies evenly without streaking.
- Infidele - intense, energetic pink cream
- Delicatesse - elegant medium warm beige cream
- Provocation - deep rich plum cream

Rouge Allure Velvet - Elvating matte to a new elegance, this next-generation, non-drying matte lipstick glides on lips with intensely rich colour and a sumptuously soft, velvet matte finish.
- L'Infidele - bright energetic pink matte
- La Delicate - sophisticated warm beige matte
- La Provocante - deep rich plum matte

I am already seeing myself with the combination of Infidele on my nails and L'Infidele on my lips, I have been in love with bright matte pink shades since the beginning of the summer and then combintion will help carry this shade into my fall and winter look.  I will need to order these two products very soon since they are very limited edition.  The pink hue is my favorite and I must own these products however I would also like to have the deep plum nail polish, I don't own a deep rich creamy plum shade yet and this would be a great addition to my nail polish collection.

Ladies, get ready to celebrate Fashion Night Out!  I will be keeping up with Facebook and Twitter during my class breaks and pretending that I am celebreating in the city!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: