Saturday, September 1, 2012

Zoya Fall 2012 Collection - Designer

The second of the Zoya fall collections is named Designer, this collection is another one that was created for New York Fashion Week.  With this fact in mind, I feel that Designer is a very appropriate name for the collection and it's counterpart, Diva, is another appropriate name for a new collection.  "'Haute' off the runway" is how this collection is described and this shade range was created for designer Bibhu Mohapatra. 

This collection introducesx six new shades, all of which have a cream finish and will be perfect for the fall season.  Each of these hues is considered a jewel tone and this range of deep hues will allow anyone to find at least one or two new dramatic shades for the fall.  Zoya polishes have been the rage of the Makeup Alley nail board ever since these collections have been released and now I can see exactly what shades I will be seeing on everyone's nails this fall.  I already loved jewel tones to begin with and this collection will be perfect for me to add some new shades to my collection.  I cannot wait to see what shades my salon has in stock the next time that I get my hair done!

Here are the shades that have been created for the Designer collection!

Rekha - bold medium blood red with a glossy cream finish (cool)

Toni - dark warm raisin-wine cream with strong purple tones (cool)

Monica - dark soft blue-toned purple with a glossy cream finish (cool)

Natty - smoky deep steel blue with an opaque cream finish (cool)

Evvie - dark smoky gray cream with strong teal green undertones (cool)

Noot - very dark gray cream with strong blue-green undertones (cool)

This collection comes in single bottles and one sampler set that contains every single shade.  Natty is my favorite of all the shades, this deep steel blue is very unique and I love both blue hues and gray hues and this one is the perfect blend of the two.  I don't own any shade like this and I don't recall ever seeing one that this is exact hue.  I must own this polish very soon.

I like three other shades from this collection; Rekha, Evvie, and Noot.  Rekha is a great red cream, it is light than the Deborah Lippmann's Just Walk Away Renee, which is my current favorite red cream hue that I own.  Rekha will be a bit easier to wear and I could use this in a pedicure all throughout the year.  Evvie is another great gray, it is deep than Illamasqua's DWS and will be a great neutral for me during the fall season.  Noot almost looks to be more of a charcoal than a gray, it is the darkest of the hues and will be another neutral for me this fall.

The Diva collection is the last of the three and will head over this one in my next post.  I believe that Diva will be a variation of these six polish hues offered in a shimmering or a metallic finish.

photo courtesy of Zoya

No comments: