Monday, September 10, 2012

OPI for Sephora Fall 2012 Collection - Spice Market

The Nail Bar at Sephora is my go to place at this point, I run over to it as soon as I go into the store and look at all the new products.  Then I take the time to walk around the store and pick out the products that I am buying and then I revisit the Nail Bar because it is nearly impossible for me to leave the store without buying at least one or two more polishes to add to my collection.  The largest part of the bar is the OPI for Sephora collection, my least favorite of the nail polish lines that Sephora carries.  I don't dislike the brand however I prefer to run to the Nails Inc and Illamasqua side.  I do have to remind myself that I have gotten some great polishes from the Sephora house line in the past and I will check out the fall collection, Spice Market.  This collection sounds as though it will contain a bunch of neutral and brown hues, not my favorite type of shades but I am still excited for new nail polishes...

My nail polish collection has now outgrown its home in my bedroom and I am in the process of attempting to find a new home for it.  If anyone has good suggestions, I would love to hear them because I have too much at the moment and I only want more every single time that I go to Sephora or Ulta...

Nail Colour - Fashion-forward, wearable nail colours for the modern woman who is looking for an effective, safe, environmentally conscious brand. Sephora by OPI Nail Colour, a line of 54+ trend-setting shades, puts the final touch on fingertips and toes with a top-quality formula you have come to expect from OPI.  The long-lasting, chip-resistant polish ensures flawless results with each application, and its green ingredient list excludes DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.  Sephora by OPI combines the quality and color expertise of OPI, the world leader in professional nail color, with Sephora's reputation for the latest in beauty and sophistication.
- Justa' Pinch of Glitter - opaque charcoal fine glitter with chunky silver glitter
- I Think I Cayenne - opaque metallic red-orange
- S-Age is Just a Number - opaque chrome gold with two tone effect
- Living in Cin-Namon - opaque metallic dark red-brown
- Have You Met Rose-Mary? - opaque deep rose-red shimmer
- You're A Nut, Meg - opaque metallic spicy terracotta-cinnamon
- Chamomile-lon To One - sheer pink beige with fine gold glitter
- Thyme For a Mani - opaque light khaki

Spice Market Mini 4-Piece - A four-piece set of petite nail colors in a variety of spicy, fall shades.  Featuring a sun-lit spectrum of reds, golds, and a sparkle-packed silver gliter, Sephora by OPI's Spice Market translates the season's most talked-about trends into must-have nail lacquers for the fall and beyond.  The long-wearing, chip-resistant formulas are free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.
- I Think I Cayenne - opaque metallic red-orange
- Have you Met Rose-Mary? - opaque deep rose-red shimmer
- Justa' Pinch of Glitter - opaque charcaol fine glitter with chunky silver glitter
- S-Age is Just a Number - opaque chrome gold with two tone effect

I see some polish shades in this collection that will bring me back to the front of the Nail Bar, instead of running right to the other lines, I might actually stop at the OPI line of polishes and pick out some new shades.  The best shade in this collection is the charcoal silver shade, Justa' Pinch of Glitter.  I love charcoal shades in the fall and winter and this will be a great addition to my nail polish wardrobe, charcoals are neutrals for me in cold weather.  Chamomile-lon To One is the only other shades that I really want from this collection, this will be another good neutral for me.  I had been wearing pale pinks with shimmer or glitter topcoats all spring and summer and this shade is a way for me to update this look into the fall months.

Most of these shades are too warm for my skintone, I would find them very attractive on other people but not me.  Living in Cin-Namon is my favorite of the shades that are warm-toned, this is very pretty warm red with a shimmer finish, I just wish that this polish was a bit better for my skintone.  S-Age is Just a Number also falls into this category, I will have to see how warm the gold hue really is since cool-toned golds have been coming out recently and this one might fall more into that category, I certainly hope that it does since it will come home with me if it is flattering.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: