Friday, September 21, 2012

Dior Fall 2012 Collection - Golden Jungle

We have a few fall collections left and therefore we are going to end on a very high note for this season!  I am already seeing holiday stuff, both in the beauty world and nearly every single time that I go shopping.  I am very excited about all the Halloween candy and decorations that I am seeing but I am dreading the holidays that seem to be coming earlier and earlier every single year.  I have to head to Wal-Mart tommorrow morning for some grocery shopping and I can only imagine what I find there, a mixture of Halloween costumes and Christmas trees!

Golden Jungle is the fall collection from Dior, I saw hints of this collection all summer and then products from it were all over the fall fashion magazines.  I thought that I did this collection earlier in the summer but when I read over my list of companies that I had left to look at and this one wasn't crossed off so I decided to visit the Dior website right away and check out this collection.  I remember stalking the Dior website at the very beginning of my fall collection coverage and it wasn't up for the longest time so I may have put it on the back burner and then somehow forgot about it.  But now it is time to look at this collection and then decide what I need to pick up from it to round out my fall shopping.  Considering that I will start picking up some early favorites from the holiday collections by the middle of next month, I need to up with fall and then start getting my Sephora shopping list updated for the next group of seasonal collections!

The Golden Jungle eye shadow palette from this collection was in almost every single fall fashion magazine that I can remember and therefore that is wear I will be starting with this collection.  The Golden Jungle collection is all shades of neutrals and golds, shades that I love to wear on my eyes but I don't always like on my face or lips.  So I can envision picking up some eye makeup shades from this collection however I doubt that the lip shades will be anything for me bring home...

Here is the Golden Jungle collection from Dior!

Golden Jungle Palette - Essentials for radiant eyes and lips - Panther eye shadows and lip gloss.  In its precious case, the Golden Jungle palette captures the essence of the modern jungle: 3 assorted matte, pearly, iridescent pressed eye shadows in a panther motif to sculpt the eyes, and one gloss to enhance the radiance of the lips. 
- Golden Browns 002 - pale champagne/medium bronze/deep brown eye shadows and a medium nude lip gloss

Dior Vernis - Haute couleur,high lasting.  Never before has the colour of the new Dior Vernis displayed such lacquered and vibrant shine!  A cocktail of Shine and Sparkle Amplifying ingredients directs pigments and pearly particles to enhance light reflection tenfold.  Application is even easier with the new brush.  Dior Vernis also features a new chip-resistant formula that protects and embellishes the nails, day after day.
- Amazonia - dirty olive green khaki
- Bengale - deep rosy bronze

5 Couleurs Designer - All-in-one artistry palette.  Dior has created 5 Couleurs Designer,  an ultra-professional and totally new version of the mythic 5 Couleurs Palette.  Five different textures have been brought together in a single case to create eye shadow styles through layering.  1 Base - light, 2 Color - iridescent, 3 Shade - satinity, 4 Shine - pearlescent, 5 Liner - mat; represent the essential steps used by professional makeup artists to draw attention to the eyes and create ultra-graphic eye makeup looks.
- Khaki Design 308 - deep olive green/medium champagne/deep black/pale gold/medium cool bronze

Diorblush - Glowing color powder blush.  Dress your cheeks in color and light!  Dior presents the first blush that plays in color intensity and a variety of finishes to create a natural, healthy glow with a subtle sparkle.  A matte finish enhances the natural skin tone, while a pearly finish highlights the planes of the face.  Silky and lightly scented, this Couture blush comes in a wide range of colours to suit all skintones.
- Sugar and Spice 849 - matte medium bronze/shimmer medium bronze
- Sunkissed Cinnamon 639 - matte light bronze/shimmer light bronze

Dior Addict - Vibrant color, spectacular shine.  Lipstick, the ultimate fashion accessory. The new Dior Addict Lipstick is a declaration of love between beauty and style, between colour and couture, between Dior and its addicts.  44 shades for a catwalk effect.  Easy to wear yet impulsive, the essential Rouge Addict shades play on the excitement and fashion desires of the moment.  This completely new, high-shine sensorial formula is totally is totally addictive.  With 25% less wax than a classic lipstick, it contains instead an extraordinary reflecting gel.  The result is modern transparency, intense plumping effect, and a magnifying glass effect to intensify shine, plump the lips, and above all, enhance colour.
- Wild 646 - medium rosy nude
- Daring 952 - deep berry brown

The palette with the three eye shadows and one lip gloss in is one of my favorite pieces of the whole season, this palett eis still in stock on the Dior website so I hope that I can get my hands on it without any issues.  I will wear the shades in this palette all fall and then all year round since they are just perfect for my blue eyes and will work very well with many of the eye shadows that I already own.  I also would like to buy the 5 Couleurs Designer for the exact same reason, when Dior has a hit on their hands, I will want everything in the collection!  My only concern is that quality of the eye shadow palettes has been all over the place in the past and I don't want to be disappointed again, my policy with Dior products to fully research and play with them before I decide to buy them or not.  I will have to visit the counter and hope that I can leave with a bag full of fun products.

The rest of the collection is a total miss for...exactly as I knew it would be.  None of these browns will flatter my skintone but would be showstopping on someone with a warmer skintone than mine.  I will be skipping over these shades however I want to try the Diorblush formula in a different series of shades.

I can't believe it but I must accept reality...fall is ending and I am almost done with the fall collections and my thinking is shifting towards the holidays already!

photo courtesy of Dior

No comments: