Tuesday, September 11, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki and Ricky...Part 2!

Last February, we looked at the newest installment in the MAC Viva Glam series, Viva Glam Nicki and Ricky.  If you remember, I was obsessed with owning Viva Glam Nicki from the second that I first heard about it months earlier and then counted the days until the collection was finally released at the counters.  After I was finally able to try the lipstick, I was so disappointed because I hated the shade when I tried it on, it had too much yellow in it and was too warm for my skintone.  I quikcly got over my obsession with this shade when I bought NARS Schiap and this shade became my go-ton bright pink matte from the end of the spring and then all the way into the summer.  I still plan to pull that hue out now that we are in fall since bright lip shades are still very popular and this shade is still a favorite lipstick of mine.  That shade made me forget about Viva Glam Nicki...

At some point over the past few days, MAC quietly added to the Viva Glam Nicki collection and will draw attention back to the Nicki and Ricky collection.  I seem to remember that MAC did the exact same with the Viva Glam Gaga line several years ago and this worked out very well for them.  This time around, MAC has released the Viva Glam Nicki in a lip gloss formula.  I am thinking that this shade might be easier for me to wear since it wouldn't be near as pigmented and it might be ok with my skintone.

"Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj bring a hot new way to Glam it up with Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass.  The limited-edition products joins Nicki's scene-stealing pink Lipstick and Ricky's colourless Lip Conditioner.  Every cent from the sale goes toward helping women, men, and children living with HIV/AIDS."

The original Viva Glam Nicki and Ricky and also the newest addition...

Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick - MAc and hip-hop diva Nicki Minaj join forces to create Viva Glam Nicki, a scene-stealing Lipstick.  Every cent from the sale goes toward helping women, men, and children affected with HIV/AIDS.  Limited edition.
- Viva Glam Nicki - bright yellow pink

Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass - Pay homage to Her Minajesty with a new limited-edition Lipglass in hot pink.  Wear it alone or pair it with Viva Glam Lipstick for a perfectly glossed look.  Every cent from the sale goes toard helping women, men, and childern affected with HIV/AIDS.  Limited edition.
- Viva Glam Nicki - hot pink

Viva Glam Ricky Lip Conditioner - Pop icon Ricky Martin amps up Viva Glam with a limited edition Lip Conditioner that goes from day to dance floor!  Untinted, keeps lips soft and supple.  Every cent from the sale goes toward helping women, men, and childern affected with HIV/AIDS.  Limited edition.
- Viva Glam Ricky - clear

I already know that I will not be buying the Lipstick or the Lip Conditioner, I ruled both of those out in the first round.  Now the lip gloss is a very different story, I will need to try the shade out and see if this version is a bit cooler than the lipstick the shade description is different.

Let's see if this gloss release is a strong as the Lady Gaga one!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: