Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lancome Fall 2012 Collection - Midnight Roses

Midnight Roses is the newest fall collection from Lancome and I must say that I am betting that this will be one of my favorites.  I love roses and Lancome has produced some great collections inspired by roses in the past few years and I am hopeful that this one is as wonderful as the previous.  The previous rose-inspired collections have been spring or summer collections and this one is very different, the hues are deeper and much more dramatic.  This collection consists of color products for all facial features and one of newest fragrances from the company.  I am already beginning to plot out my shopping list for this collection, I love so many of the shades and I must own the perfume that is grouped with these products!

The Nordstrom website provides a full description of the collection and the Lancome website provides more details about the products themselves.  "Lancome is excited to present Midnight Roses, our Fall 2012 Color Collection.  Inspired by Tresor Midnight Rose and the majestic hue of purple, the makeup evokes mischievious feminity and glamour.", states the Nordstrom website to describe the collection.  I love all the deep berry shades for the lips and all the lovely purples for the eyes, this is a great collection!

Here is the Midnight Roses collection from Lancome!

L'Absolu Nu - For fall, L'Absolu Nu undresses your lips in three new sheer shades, 3393 Parme Fianelle, 3397 Prune Mantille, and 3389 Rouge Resille.  Still using the same ultra caring lipstick with Pro Xylane, L'Absolu Nu enhances your natural lip tone and replenishes lips.  From mauve to raspberry and plum, these limited edition colors are the perfect transition to the Fall while keeping lips moisturized with a delicate veil of color.
- 3389 Rouge Resille - deep rose berry
- 3393 Parme Fianelle - sheer berry
- 3397 Prune Mantille - light plum

L'Absolu Creme de Mat - A liquid rouge with a matte finish.  L'Absolu Creme de Mat combines the gentleness of a gloss and the coverage of a lipstick with a deep velvety finish on the lips.  Three limited edition shades, ranging from bright red to profound burgundy, will cover every look from day to night.  The precise-angled, tapered tip applicator ensures an even and contoured application. 
- 300 Magic Pourpre - matte bright berry
- 301 Prune Elixir - matte plum
- 100 Potion d'Amour - matte deep berry red

Color Design Eye Palette - Infinitely luminous.  Sensationally smooth.  All-in-one 5 shadow palette to brighten eyes.  Build with absolute precision and apply the shades in 5 simple steps (all over, lid, crease, highlighter, and liner) to design your customized eye look.  Contour, sculpt, and lift in soft day colors or intensify with dramatic evening hues for smoldering smoky effects. 
- Violet Magnetique - matte pink (all-over base), shimmer taupe plum (lid), shimmer periwinkle (crease), metallic silver (highlighter), deep shimmery plum (liner)
- Mauve Cherie - shimmer soft yellow (all-over base), shimmer plum (lid), matte taupe plum (crease), shimmer silver taupe (highlighter), shimmer black (liner)

Le Crayon Kohl - Create a sensual, intense eye look with ease.  This smudgy, creamy-smooth eye pencil delivers a dose of decadent color that glides on effortlessly and blends beautifully.  In an instant, eyes are perfectly lined, defined, and contoured for a smoldering effect that's absolutely irresistible.
- 300 Purple Dusk - deep purple

Vernis in Love - Vernis in Love is a high potency nail lacquer perfectly themed to compliment every woman's mood and style.  With ultimate brilliance, intense color, and a mistake-proof application, your nails will love the lasting shine and pop of color that stays put for days.  Limited edition shade 453 Infusion de Prune and top coat 030 Givre Magique are the perfect finish for any of the Midnight Roses-inspired looks.
- 453 Infusion de Prune - deep berry
- 030 Givre Magique - clear matte top coat

Blush Subtil Palette - Sensationally smooth.  All-in-one blush palette to sculpt and enhance your best features.  Artistry is made easy with three simple steps to contour, blush, and highlight your complexion.  For any skin tone, any face shape - your complexion is naturally enhanced.  Define your face, enhance or diminish any features for a complexion that is illuminated, brightened, and lifted.
- 323 Rose Flush - matte tan/shimmery rose pink/iridescent pale pink
- 359 Framboise Flirt - matte tan/radiant bright pink/iridescent pale pink
- 385 Plum Elegance - matte cocoa brown/shimmery plum rose/shimmery copper steel
- 126 Nectar Lace - matte tan/shimmery pinky coral/pale gold shimmer
- 158 Peche Savvy - matte tan/shimmery bright coral/iridescent beige
- 192 Rouge Allure - matte chocolate brown/radiant burgundy red/shimmery copper

Tresor Midnight Rose - Charming.  Mischievous.  Desirable.  A sexy-sweet blend of raspberry, rose, vanilla, and sensual musk for mischievous feminity.  Catch my heart if you can!  Top notes: Raspberry, Black Currant Bud Absolute.  Middle Notes: Rose Absolute, Jasmine.  Base Notes: Vanilla, Musk.

I love these lipstick and lip gloss shades, I know that I have been trying to buy less lip products this season but so many great shades have come out so far this season and I continue to find more and more shades that I want to buy.  My favorite shades are from the new lipstick shades, Rouge Resille and Parme Finalle are both lovely and will be very flattering on my pale skin.  I must go to the counter for both of these shades as soon as I can.  I like the lip gloss but I want to see how pigmented they are before I decide what I want to order, they look as though they will be more like liquid lipsticks than just lip gloss.  Assuming that it is a liquid lipstick, I want to buy another berry hue from this formula (Magic Pourpre is my choice!).  I know that I should not be buying any more lip products but these are just such great choices for me!

I want both of the eye shadow palettes, I have been trying to buy more shadow and blush shades this season and so far have picked up a few great shades.  My favorite of the eye shadow palettes is Violet Magnetique, I have been all over purple eye shadows this fall and this is another great choice and therefore I can't wait to see this palette at the counter.  I am very interested in the new blush palette that has been brought out with this collection however I want to make sure that this will be a product that I can easily use in the correct fashion.  Rose Flush is the shade that I would start out with and I will want to play with this at counter when I go!

Midnight Roses is one of my favorite collections of this season so far and I don't think that I will be adding many more to that list at this time in the season.  I can't quite state if it is my absolute favorite yet but it is a contender for this title!

photo courtesy of Lancome

No comments: