Friday, September 14, 2012

Murad Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer

The Murad Vitalic line is reported to be one their best-selling overall product lines, this line of anit-oxidant based skincare products can be used by a wide range of skin types and helps to fight the free radicals that have been all over beauty magazines for the past two years.  The Vitalic line of skincare was my first introduction to the Murad line several years ago when I was in college and I have been using it ever since.  I first bought a tube of this product when the Murad line was still available at certain Bath and Body Works and I made the trip down to King of Prussia one day to see the "fancy" store.  This was one of my first clinical skincare products and I still remember how excited I was to buy this product!

The Vitalic line is a series of products that all contain pomegranate as one of the active ingredients and is an anti-oxidant rich line for all skin types.  "Combination skin, also known as normal skin, is the most common skin type.  It might be oilier in the T-Zone with perhaps some dryness at the perimeter of the face.  Murad Vitalic line features pomegranate extract to balance oily and dry zones and creates beautiful skin through the science of Cellular Water.", states the Sephora website in an overall description of how the line itself functions.  The line contains the full array of traditional skincare products; cleansers, moisturizers, and more targeted products.  So far I have only used one product from the line however I have replaced it several times over the years, considering that I rarely rebuy products and am always on the lookout for the newest products and ingredients, this is saying something huge about this face lotion. 

The main moisturizer in the Vitalic line is the Vitalic Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer.  "A lightweight moisturizer that infuses skin with hydration and energy.  Stimulates and shields skin by infusing energy and providing oil-free, essential hydration."  This product is a lightweight lotion, with a pleasant smell and very light texture, this is a product that I would use in the late spring and summer only, so I will not be buying another tube of for quite a bit.  It provides enough hydration for my cheeks in the wamr weather months, but it is much too light for fall and winter months, since I am already beginning to feel the change in my skin and we are only halfway through September. 

This is nice, but basic, moisturizer.  The products in the Vitalic line are targeted for younger skin that really hasn't begun to show any major signs of aging, they help to prevent some of the signs of aging with the Murad Pomegranate Complex and wouldn't work very well in someone who already is beginning to show obvious signs (I would recommend the Vitamin C line for this type of skincare issue), this product is not going to change your world and it is not designed for someone who wants and needs major results from their moisturizer.  I recommend this product for someone who truly has "normal" skin, it hydrates a bit but not too much and doesn't contain any mattifying ingredients.

My least favorite parts about this product?  My first issue is the tube, somehow I can never squeeze out exactly how much product that I need.  The tip is different from some of the other Murad products and one squeeze was never enough to cover my whole face but two squeezes released so much product that I still had some left on hands after application.  This is the Goldilocks of Murad packaging...  My second issue is the one that I often have with other Murad day creams, an SPF of 15 is way too low for me and this product is not applied heavily enough for the sunscreen to be fully opaque on the skin.  I know that many people applaud doctors that put SPF in their products but having too low an SPF is worse than none at all, I prefer to find my own sunscreen formula to use and I can't layer it with this product without the higher SPF being diluted.  So annoying in such a great line of facecare...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: