Tuesday, September 18, 2012

MAC Face and Body

MAC had a bunch of huge collection releases over the past two weeks and this collection is one of the group.  Face and Body is all about base colors for the face and also for use on the body.  Originally I had no interest in this collection and still have next to interest in it, I don't have any reason to use most of the major products in this collection.  I don't have any major tattos or imperfections on my body that I would need to cover up so I have no need to purchase a whole separate foundation and cover up for my body.  I have enough with all the products that I use on my face...

So why am I even looking at this collection?  I became interested in it when I read reviews of one of the new products contained in it, I have already read that the many of the products released in their Office Hours collection were awful and now I have read that these are even worse.  What is going on with MAC's quality lately...I have commented before that their permanent products are a higher quality than their limited edition products but their products have been been awful before.  I am very surprised that two collections in a row have gotten awful results from the beauty industry...

"For natural looking dimension, a colour-coordinated trio of modern formulas for face and body.  Add highlights and create contours with neutral/skin-tone shades of Pro Sculpting Cream, Pressed Pigments, and Face and Body Foundation."  I don't know how much sculpting I will be doing of my face and body areas but I guess that it can't hurt to look and see what these products are about.  I will be very disappointed in MAC if their seasonal collections continue to have quality issues, especially if the issues carry over into the MAC and Marylin Monroe collection that is coming out at the beginning of October.

Here is the Face and Body Collection!

Pressed Pigment - An intensely creamy highlighter offering extreme pearlescence and versatility of finish.  Apply dry for high shine, or on damp skin for a dramatic wet look.  Provides eye-catching sheer-to-moderate buildable coverage and natural dimension finish.  Pressed Pigment is delicate.  Please handle with care.
- Light Touch - high pearl powder in W10 shade
- Warming Heart - high pearl powder in NW20 shade
- Spot Lit - high pearl powder in NW35 shade
- Day Gleam - high pearl powder in NC30 shade
- Beaming - high pearl powder in NC50 shade
- Deeply Dashing - high pearl powder in NW55 shade

Pro Sculpting Cream - A cream-to-powder formula for sculpting and shaping key features.  Silky-smooth, easy-to-blend and neutrally-shaded.  Apply where extra dimension is needed, eyelids included.  Provides moist, skin-soothing, natural-looking, sheer-to-medium buildable coverage.
- Accentuate - peachy beige
- Naturally Defined - warm beige
- Pure Sculpture - neutral pink beige
- Coffee Walnut - deep dirty, cool brown
- Copper Beach - warm golden brown
- Richly Honed - warm deep brown

Face and Body Foundation 50 mL - A fluid foundation that provides low-to-medium buildable coverage and a flawless natural satin-shine finish.  Skin conditioning, water-resistant and long-wearing.  Now available in two sizes, including the new 50 ml.  Available in a range of shades to suit every skintone.

215 Medium Shader Brush - A paddle-shaped brush with short, extremely dense, natural bristles.  Pro-preferred for smoothly shaping/defining the eye with colour.  Flawlessly applies both powder and cream eye shadows.

163 Flat Contour Brush - An ultra-smooth brush with short, luxuriously silky, synthetic bristles and a flat wide top.  Multi-purpose, multi-medium, but specifically designed to help create sharp contours with shaping/sculpting products such as Pro Sculpting Cream.

The products in this collection are pretty unique but still nothing that I would ever really use.  I don't need a face and body formula foundation, I only use foundation on my face and currently don't have any reason to use it on any areas of my body (prehaps this may change after I decide what I will be doing with getting tattoos), maybe I will revisit the product later on in life.  This foundation formula is the first product in this collection that I ruled out and then I just continued ruling products out with every review of this collection that I read...

The Pro Sculpting Cream is a highlighting product that I am very on the fence about.  I don't know how much I would use this type of product and I would need an explanation of how to use it from my favorite MAC counter.  I am only considering using some of the paler shades to accentuate my cheekbones when I decide not to use blush.  The product that I would most excited about initially was the Pressed Pigment, I was envisioning a great highlighting shade for my eye area.  However I read on the Temptalia blog that this product performed really badly when she was testing the shades out.  Based on her review, I know that I would be ok skipping over this product and I know that I could find some great highlighting eye shadow shades in the MAC Eye Shadow range.

I hope that this is the last MAC collection of the year that I am very disappointed by, I have bought less MAC products this year than the past few and this is disappointing to me.  I am so excited to see the holiday collections that will be coming soon and I hope that I have a few pieces that I fall in love with from the line up.  I hope that MAC is just going through a few issues with formulation, I still love everything that I bought from Hey, Sailor! and I have been working all the lip and eye products into my fall makeup look.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: