Sunday, September 9, 2012

Clinique Fall 2012 Collection - Colour Me Sheer

I am currently very happy with my newest product from the Clinique skincare product line so I decided that I wanted to check out more from this company, my local Macy*s hasn't done a Gift with Purchase for several months and I want to be ready as soon as I see the signs for it.  I might want to get more skincare but I do want to see if I need any new makeup before I just begin making a shopping list full of skincare products.  I am very excited to see that the fall collections from Clinqiue are finally up on their website and this year they have departed from tradition and have introduced two new collections instead of only one.  One collection is designed for a more natural fall color look and the other one is designed for a more dramatic fall colour look.

Today we are going to look at the first of the two color collections, Colour Me Sheer.  Colour Me Sheer is the more natural of the two collections and is best suited for a professional day look or on the weekends.  Most of the eye makeup shades that I have bought so far for this season have been on the more dramatic side and I am very interested in seeing what shades will work for a more natural look, also I am going to be rocking a dramatic lip look for most of the season and I could use a few new natural eye makeup products and shades.  I need to round out my eye makeup collection and find some more shades that more natural and refined than all the fun shades that I added to my collection with my purchase of the Too Faced Return of Sexy Eye Palette...

"See-through shades and an easy touch bring out your naturally pretty glow."  This is a great look for a casual weekend or a more conservative work atmosphere and I need some new shades to create looks like this. 

Here is the first part of the Fall Colour collection!

Lid Smoothie Anti-Oxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour - Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours.  Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator.  Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness.  Anti-oxidants help protect eye-area skin.
- Gingerly - creamy pale bronze shimmer

Quickliner for Eyes - Automatic eyeliner pencil twists up.  Glides on.  Smudges to a smooth blur of colour with the convenient smudge tool on the opposite end.  Needs no sharpening - silky formula is always ready to line and define with ease.  Stays on all day.  Ophthamologist tested.
- Dark Chocolate - deep dark chocolate brown

High Impact Mascara - Kicks up the volume and length of each and every lashfor a look that's lusher, plusher, bolder.  Pure deep colour only adds to the impact.  Wear it once and you'll feel naked without it.  Ophthamologist tested.
- Black - deep pure black
- Black/Brown - very deep brown

Instant Lift for Brows - Two-in-one automatic brow pencil and pearlized highlighter duo creates a contrast and definition that gives eyes a virtual lift.  First, fill in and shape brows with long-wearing natural-looking pencil.  Then optically "boost" brow arches with universal highlighter shade just below brow hairs.
- Soft Blonde - ash blonde shaper/universal highlighter
- Deep Brown - dark brown shaper/universal highlighter
- Soft Brown - light brown shaper/universal highlighter

Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters.  Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth.  Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with subtle sheen.
- Mega Melon - sheer peachy pink

I love this look and I can't wait to add a few of these products to my makeup collection.  My favorite pieces are the cream eye shadow shade and the deep brown eyeliner, I love both of these products and I can use them with so many products and shades that I already own.  I am interested in the Instant Lift for Brows, though I would need to visit a counter and have someone work with me to make sure that I am using it right and that I will see a difference with this product.  I have never really used many products on my brows, I get them professionally waxed every few weeks and then only use a clear gel on them when needed.  I don't know that I really need another product for my brows as I keep them in fantastic shape already.  I will have to talk to the sales associate at the counter and decide if I do need to add this product to my daily look.

Lastly, I have been interested in the Chubby Sticks since they released.  I haven't tried any of them yet, they are always on my list of items to buy however that list is so long already that I haven't gotten to buying any of the shades yet.  I don't know that I will be buying this exact shade (it is a bit too warm for me) but I will be looking for some shades that pinks, berries, and maybe a sheer red too.  Perhaps I will move these up on my shopping list soon...

Now onto the second fall makeup collection from this company...Colour Me Dramatic!

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: