Monday, September 3, 2012

MAC AW Fashion Week Trends - Sense and Sensibility

Now that September is here and fall is in the air, I have been slowly switching all of my beauty products and fragrances over to my newest choices for fall.  All hints of summer are nearly gone and I am so excited to start wearing my favorite Chanel fragrances and am getting ready to start wearing the plum smoky eye look that I have been coveting all fall.  MAC has added to my fall makeup shopping craze by putting up the looks that their makeup artists created for the Fall/Winter 2012 Fashion Weeks shows in New York City.  Four looks were chosen by this company to be featured on their website; two are eye makeup looks, one lip, and the last looks at a more natural makeup look.

We are going to look at all four of the looks individually and what products the MAC makeup artists used to create these looks.  I believe that these products and shades are part of the MAC permanent collection, however I am not totally sure if all the products are available at the counters or if some are Pro-only products.  I should have a better answer for this after I look at each look individually.

"Fall's four key beauty trends from Fashion Weeks around the world take a visionary approach to glamour - timelessly elegant and uncompromisingly modern."

The first look is Sense and Sensibility, the model for this collection has a red lip so this is the collection that attracted me first.  I love red lipsticks and MAC makes many of my favorite shades so this is exactly where I want to begin!

'"It's about timeless classics done in a modern way - these are the elements of makeup that never goes out of fashion but simply get reinvented" - Terry Barber, Director of Makeup Artistry'.  I love that this collection not only shows the products and shades but also how to use them to create the look.

Here is the Sense and Sensibility look from the Fall and Winter collections!


Lipstick - Blended over the entire lip for a full, red mouth.
- Lady Danger - vivid bright coral-red (Matte)

Lip Pencil - Contours the lip.
- Redd - clearly red

Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer - Lightly applied only where needed to perfect.  Available in a full range of shades to suit all complexions.

Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder - Dusted on a tissue and used to blot lips for an intensified matte effect.

Lady Danger is one of the few MAC reds that I don't own, this shade is a bit more coral than the red-blues that I already own.  The model of this collection has very pale, cool toned skin and it works very well for her so I am really considering buying a tube of this shade the next time that I go to the MAC counter.  I never use lip liners so I won't be buying this part of the look.  The only other product that I really want to buy from this look is the Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder, I don't need a powder at the moment but I will put this product on the back burner for when I need a new one.  I love translucent loose powders and have been using only this type of formula for the past few years, this product looks like another great product for my collection.

I do think that this look will be my favorite from this new series of looks, I love the look of pale skin complemented by red lips.  This is my favorite look for the fall and winter and one of the major reasons that I have been looking forward to the end of summer.

Onto the next look!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: