Wednesday, September 12, 2012

MAC Office Hours

Today we are looking at that last big fall collection from MAC (at least I believe that it is as we are running out of time for fall collection releases) so I expect that I will pick up a few pieces from this collection and then wait until they have their first big holiday collection release in the early weeks of October.  Some companies are already beginning to release pictures of their holiday collections but I want to live with my fall makeup and products for at a few weeks before I begin thinking about the holidays, one of my least favorite times of the years.  I hope that I still have some time to enjoy my fall items and pick up a few more fall items in the next few weeks...

Office Hours is the newest fall colour collection from MAC, it contains only Pro products and formula however I have read in multiple beauty blogs that it is one of the best looking but worst performing collections that has been released in the past few months.  I will have to come up with my shopping list and then go to counter to play with every product on its own, this will not be a collection that I will pre-order or order the items from the website.  I hate when MAC has great looking collections and then many of the products apply or wear horribly, it is such a let down!

"She's a glamourous go-getter with temp about her!  Full-time, overtime - her makeup, like her day, goes on and on.  What she loves: the no-fade staying power of these MAC Pro Longwear - including new MAC Pro Longwear Blush."  I haven't heard anything stellar about this blush formula and therefore this will be the product that I really need to test out at the counter, I am shopping for a new blush since I haven't bought one for several weeks and I will be very disappointed if these are really as bad as what I am reading about...

Here is the MAC Office Hours collection...

Pro Longwear Eye Shadow - A unique longwearing Eye Shadow with a silky, creamy texture formulated for maximum color impact.  Easily blendable and buildable; lids are visibly smooth, no matter how intense the application.  Lasts 8 hours.
- Ever Ivory - pale ivory
- Bloom On - light burnt rose
- Always Sunny - light yellow brown
- Uninterrupted - dark camel
- Endless Passion - midtone rose
- More Amour - midtone red
- Mauveless - dark dirty mauve
- Fashion Fix - deep taupe
- Linger Softly - light frosted gray blue

Pro Longwear Lipglass - A longwearing Lipglass that goes on smooth and lasts for up to 6 hours!  Envelops lips with shine and colour and pro-longs the hours between application.
- Boundless Beige - light warm beige with pearl
- Patience, Please - light pink-blue
- Love Love Love - light cool pink
- Next Fad - midtone cool pink
- Peristant Peach - light warm peach
- Everlasting Nude - midtone warm nude
- Forever Rose - midtone neutral rose
- Driven By Love - red-blue with light pearl

Pro Longwear Blush - A lightweight blush with extreme colour perfection and non-fading, eight hour wear.  Ultra fine, silky powder glides on and blends easily to provide a moist, flawless, natural finish or with layering, a brighter, more dramatic look.
- Rosy Outlook - light yellow pink
- Baby Don't Go - light cool beige
- Stay By Me - light peach coral
- Stay Pretty - light bright blue pink
- Blush All Day - light dirty rose beige
- Whole Lotta Love - light blue pink
- Eternal Sunshine - warm brown
- Subborn - midtone rose plum

Basically, I haven't read anything good on the products in this collection.  The Lipglass formula performs fair but the rest of the products have been deemed as failures due to both pigment and wear issues.  Which is very sad since I already seen some colors that I would like to own...

I will start with the Lipglass shades that I want since these seem to be the only ones that might work out for me.  I love the pinks in this collection, Love Love Love and Next Fad are great pinks and i would wear them against strong eye makeup in the fall and winter and they will still be perfect next spring and summer.  I actually think that this might be have been better as a spring collection since so many of these shades are better for the spring trends.

From the failure products...  I will try to give both the Eye Shadow and Blush formulas a chance at the counter.  Hopefully there were just some batch issues with this product and some of the items will perform as intended.  From the Eye Shadows, I like the Bloom On and Endless Passion shades, I love these pink and rose hues and I plan to use them with gold and bronze hues.  I have created some great mixtures of roses, golds, and bronzes over the past few weeks and I want these pinks to work out so that I can add them to my collection.  From the new blush formula, Stay Pretty is a great bright pink and I would love for this product to work better than the reviews that I have read about it...

I love so many of these shades and I hope that all the issues that I have read about are just batching issues and that when I play with the products at the counter, they will work out better for me.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: