Sunday, September 9, 2012

Clinique Fall 2012 Collection - Colour Me Dramatic

Earlier today, we looked at the first of the two newest collections from Clinique, Colour Me Sheer.  I was very happy with the products and shades that were featured with that collection and I am looking forward to looking at the second of the collections right now.  Last year, Clinique had a very strong fall collection, with the release of a line of products all with the unique and best-selling Black Honey hue.  Black Honey Almost Lipstick is a favorite product of mine every single fall and winter and I was all about this collection.  I think that the people who loved this collection from last year will love Colour Me Dramatic and I am all about this part of the collection!

Colour Me Dramatic is all about purple hues and lots of eye makeup, I am seeing a deep purple eyeliner shade that I am very excited for.  I only own a bright violet eyeliner shade from Urban Decay and I need a slightly less bold hue to use with other plum eye makeup shades.  The bright hue that I already own will work best with more neutral and gray shades for a dramatic look but will not blend well with most colored eye shadow shades.  "Well-blended layers of colour intensify your features in a bold statement."  I love this!

Here is the second of the fall looks!

Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour - Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours.  Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator.  Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness.  Anti-oxidants protect eye-area skin.
- Born Freesia - silver with a purple cast

Colour Surge Eye Duo - Perfect pairings of in-demand shades with more of the most-used highlight shade.  Deliver creamy, intense colour in one stroke.  Comfortably lightweight, long-wearing.  Layerable, blendable.  Ophthamologist tested.
- Blackberry Frost - silvery grayed lilac partnered with violety charcoal

Quickliner for Eyes Intense- No need to be sutble when now it's so easy to move into the deepest, most dramatic range.  Find all the intensity of a liquid liner with one simple stroke.  Silky formula glides on.  Stays on all day.  Never needs sharpening.  "Smoke" with the smudge tip on the opposite end.  Ophthamologist tested.
- Intense Plum - bright deep purple

High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara - With every stroke, the over-the-top brush wraps lashes in instant, jaw-dropping drama.  This larger-than-life formula is also safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.  Ophthamologist tested, too.
- Extreme Black - deep black
- Black - black

Instant Lift for Brows - Two-in-one automatic brow pencil and pearlized highlighter duo creates a contrast and definition that gives eyes a virtual lift.  First, fill in and shape brows with long-wearing natural-looking pencil.  Then optically "boost" brow arches with universal highlighter shade just below brow hairs.
- Soft Blonde - ash blonde shaper/universal shaper
- Deep Brown - deep brown shaper/universal shaper
- Soft Brown - light brown shaper//universal shaper

Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - Super-nourishing lip balm with mango and shea butters.  Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth.  Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.
- Voluptuous Violet - deep plum

This is my favorite of the two looks, I love the plum eye makeup shades.  My favorite pieces are the eye shadow duo and the plum eyeliner.  Both of these products are not quite what I would wear during the day but will look fantastic when going out at night, I have been all over the plum smoky eye look for fall and these are two of the best choices that I have seen so far this whole season.  i am a bit concerned with the level of pigmentation on the eye shadows as Clinique is not know for having super pigmented shadows but I will try it at the counter and see what my conclusion is. 

I like the hue of the Chubby Stick much more than I did for the other collection, this purple hue will look much better with my pale skin.  I may not wear it with the eye makeup that is in this look, depending on how pigmented it is.  Finally, I MUST own the mascara that is out with this collection, I will need a new tube soon so I am considering both versions of the High Impact Mascara.

I am love the two collections from Clinique, the dramatic look might be in my top five for the fall season!

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: