Thursday, September 20, 2012

Guerlain Fall 2012 Collection

We are now heading toward the very end of the fall collections and I am going through my list and seeing what lines I haven't looked at yet.  One of the collections that I haven't viewed is the newest from Guerlain, I have a mixed outlook on this line of products.  Everything that I see from this line I tend to fall in love with but I can only get my hands on a few of the products at my nearest Sephora store.  I am impressed that Sephora has added more products from this brand to their counter however I still wish that I could have the same selection that is found at the counter at Saks or Bergdorf Goodman.  One day when I move into the city...

The Guerlain fall collection only consists of two new products (at least from what I can find) and they are featured on the company's website.  I doubt that I will be able to find either of these products at my Sephora counter for at a few seasons so I can't work up a ton of excitement for this collection.  The Guerlain website didn't give a name to this fall collection so I don't know what trend it is focused on or what themes ties these products together.  I get as bit disappointed when I don't see a theme for a collection because I find it harder to use some of the products and shades together to create a "look" for the season...

This collection contains the much hyped Blush Duo, a product that has appeared in almost every single beauty magazine this fall and is the one product that I am really excited from this collection.  I am hoping that this product is worth me ordering it from the Saks website and that it will not disappoint me.  I have never heard a bad review of a Guerlain cheek product and therefore I am want to do some shopping from this line of products!

Here are the two new products that Guerlain brought out for the fall season!

Rouge G L'Extrait - This exceptional liquid, creamy, consistent, ultra-pigmented, and velvety lip color delivers an incredibly sophisticated makeup result.  Wear it not to tease but to awaken desire!  The colour becomes matt in a moment and reveals its superb qualities.  Non-sticky, non-drying, non-feathering, this luxurious texture is a waking dream that lasts for hours for all women who love colour.  A formula with rejuvenating and smoothing benefits that are tangible on application and over time, day after day.  The Rouge G case has been interpretated in a sleeker version to hold this liqud texture.  Pull and click...and watch the familiar double mirror gracefully open.  Then, simply turn the cap to take up the colour and apply it elegantly and easily with its flocked tip.
- Avarice M06 - medium nude matte
- Colere M25 - bright blue red matte
- Luxure M27 - deep brick red matte
- Envie M11 - medium warm coral matte
- Paresse M65 - medium dusty cool rose matte
- Gourmandise M71 - bright cool berry matte
- Orgueil M69 - deep cool plum matte

Rose aux Joues - A luxurious case in the House style.  A colour duo with a main shade to make cheekbones blush.  And its smaller conterpart for a savvy mix or a striking juxtaposition.  The dense, tapered brush glides easily and precisely over the skin on application.
- Peach Boy 1 - medium coral/pale peach
- Red Hot 6 - deep rose/medium rose
- Golden High 5 - medium bronze/pale bronze
- Chic Pink 2 - medium pink/pale pink
- Over Rose 3 - medium rose/medium pink
- Pink Punk 4 - medium rose/medium plum

This collection may be very small but contains some fantastic products, I want several shades from both of these products.  I am seeing a huge trend with several lines releasing liquid lipsticks for the fall season, I hope that these formulas can create the high pigmented, long-wearing look that a traditional matte lipstick can provide.  The Colere M25 shade is my favorites, this bright blue red is right up my alley and looks to be the shade that the model of the collection is wearing.  This would be my first choice from the lipstick formula.  If I love this formula, then I will continue to collect more shades.  My next purchase would be the Luxure M27, the deep brick red, the Paresse M65, a lovely rose, and the Gourmandise M71, the bright berry.  I am in the market for a very dark berry shade but I don't believe that I will find it in this formula.

The new blush formula is also of interest to me, I always want new blushes and this formula looks lovely.  I haven't bought a new blush in the past few weeks so I can indulge in these.  My first choice is Over Rose 3 and I also like Red Hot 6, these are both great choices for rose shades and both of them will complement my pale, cool skin.  I can't wait to head up to the city and check out this formula, hopefully my vacation day snexgt month will allow for some great shopping!

photo courtesy of Guerlain

No comments: