Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Benefit Snow White and the Huntsman - Rare Beauty Kit

Summer is one of the best season for movie buffs, almost all the big releases for the year come out in the summer season and the movie theaters clean up big when it gets too hot to be outside.  I am not a movie person, I maybe see one movie a year on the big screen so I can't say that the summer blockbusters excite me all that much.  One of the few movies that I actually want to see this summer is Snow White and the Huntsman, this movie looks quite interesting and I love the makeup looks that I am seeing in the press pictures for this film.  But perhaps even better than the movie itself is the makeup set that was released by Benefit to tie in with the release of the movie.
This set by Benefit helps to recreate the look worn by Snow White in the new movie and has just been released on the Sephora website.  This set contains five products that are needed for the Snow Wbhite makeup look, two of the products are current favorites of mine so this would be a great set for me to own.  "A five-piece makeup kit that delivers the fairest look of the land.  This pretty and practical makeup kit lets you look into the magic mirror to reveal skin pure as snow, rose red lips and cheeks, an enchanting glow, and lashes black as night.  The included train case features a fairy tale-inspired lavender and silver metallic print."  The set contains the following products: BadGal Lash Mascara, The PoreFessional, Benetint, High Beam, and the makeup case.  Everyone that reads this blog knows how much I love the BadGal Lash Mascara and I am currently on the last squeezes of my tube of The PoreFessional and I have been getting great results from it.  I would purchase this set for replacements of these two products alone.  I have a bottle of Benetint that I rarely use and I actually forgot to review it for this blog (will be correcting that very soon!) and I think that I have a huge sample of High Beam that I once got at Sephora (need to try soon!) so I am very confident that this set would be a worthwhile purchase for me!

A few more details about the products inside...

High Beam - A luminscent complexion enhancer.  Benefit High Beam is an ethereal pink liquid highlighter that creates a radiantly dewy complexion.  For an angelic sheen, this pink shimmering lotion adds a soft, natural afterglow.  It's a "supermodel in a bottle" and perfectly alluring on all skin tones.
Benetint - The original - and still the best - rose-tinted cheek and lip stain.  Benefit Benetint is a kiss-proof and waterproof, indelibly sheer tint.  It gives an innocent yet provocative glow to keep everyone guessing, "What has she been up to?".  It's the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle.

The PoreFessional - A Pro balm that minimizes the appearance of pores.  The PoreFessional quickly minimizes the appearance of pores.  Apply this silky, lightweight balm to achieve translucent pore coverage and smoother-than-smooth skin.  Pores - now you see-em, now you don't!  Oil-free.

BadGal Lash Mascara - The BadGal line of mascaras from Benefit are full of "Bad-itude!".  The rich, sexy formula and oversized brush build thick, beautiful, and bodacious lashes.  BadGal Lash (the original) is like a set of sexy black false eyelashes...without the glue! 

Even if this movie doesn't live up to my hopes, this set lives up to my hopes.  I already use The PoreFessional and BadGal Lash so this set is worthy of a purchase for me.  Benetint will also be getting use from me very soon and I hope to have a review of this product up within the next few weeks, I am thinking that I will be using it more as a lip shade and not a cheek shade.  I don't know how well the red tint will work on my cheeks but I know that it will work for my lips. 

The icing on the cake is that these great products are all contained in a very pretty makeup bag, this is one of the few bags that I have seen lately that I really like and would buy by itself.  Hopefully the movie is as good as this set of products.  But however the movie turns out, I will be looking like Snow White this fall!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: