Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Bags

MAC's Hey, Sailor collection contains a full color collection and then a series of matching bags.  We are going to start with the bags part of this collection since I find them adorable and I bet that they will sell out early.  I am willing to bet that these bags will be online or free-standing store only, since my local Macy*s counter very rarely carries all the accessories to match the limited edition collections.  I first saw these bags up on the Temptalia blog and I fell in love with them at first sight! 

This collection consists of two new bags, one that is a makeup bag and the other one that is a full size tote bag.  I want both of these but if I had to choose, I would chase after the tote first because it is just so adorable!  "Join the crew of the sailor-inspired elite with beach-bound essentials inspired by the glam of of vintage pink-up girls and sexy sailors.  Set your style on course with the limited edition Gone Sailing Tote and Makeup Bag Set."  I am adding these bags to my shopping list!
Here are is the bag collection of the Hey, Sailor! collection...

Gone Sailing Makeup Bag Set - Join the crew of the sailor-striped elite with the Gone Sailing Makeup Bag Set.  Both in navy-and-white striped canvas, featuring bright red patent edges and gold rope hardware closures.  Small 4" x 5.5".  Large 5.375" x 10.5".

Gone Sailing Tote -Set your style on course with this canvas tote.  Sailor stripes, gold grommets, gold rope closure, and a navy faux leather base bring chic on board while the Op-art twist is, of course, all MAC.  One size: 10" x 20".  Limited edition.

I love, love, love the Gone Sailing Tote!  This bag has the potential to be a staple in my summer bag wardrobe, I can take it to the beach or for a lazy shopping weekend.  It is too casual for work but it is pretty much perfect for anything else that this summer can throw at me.  If I have the funds to buy both the products in the collection than I will be using the makeup bags all year round, even though I tend not to always carry full makeup bags around with me, I will make an exception for bags this cute!

Onto the Bronzing part of the Hey, Sailor! collection!  I have been looking forward to the bronzers from this collection ever since I first heard about the collection and I am so excited to look at details of the products now that they are up on the company's website!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: