Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bobbi Brown Summer 2012 Collection - Miami Collection

One of my favorite collections of the summer season is the Miami Collection from Bobbi Brown.  I have been all over this collection ever since I first saw hints and pictures of the products on blogs and in beauty magazines.  One of the major pieces of this collection is the Beach fragrance that I have been crazy for since I first tried it several weeks ago at Macy*s.  I am currently in the process of clearing a prime space on my bureau for this fragrance and I want to buy the hugest bottle of this scent that I can find.  Considering that I have several fragrances that I haven't even opened yet, the above statement really says something about how much I loved this fragrance when I smelled it on my wrist. 

The Miami Collection offers color products to help create a fantastic summer glow.  This collection is based around shimmering eyes and cheeks and sheer lip shades.  On the Nordstrom website, this collection is slightly different than what is available on the Bobbi Brown website, the Nordstrom website includes a series of bronzers that are not listed on the Bobbi Brown website.  I am getting my information from the Bobbi Brown website, all the bronzers are available on the company's website and I will be visiting the counter to find the best formula and shade of bronzer for my skin tone.  Bobbi states the following about her newest summer collection, "I was inspired by the fresh, glowing look you get at the beach."  This is the type of look that I chase after every single summer season!

The Miami Collection!

Shimmer Cheek Glow - Bobbi's love for the beach inspired her limited edition Shimmer Cheek Glow.  This skin-illuminating powder and gel hybrid gives cheeks that "just back from vacation" glow.  Palette includes a flip-top mirror for easy application.  For a natural-looking glow, apply over blush using your fingertips.  Want more precise application?  Sweep shimmer over the apples of cheeks with our Foundation Brush.  Bonus - add a pop of shimmer to eyes for a little extra glow.
- Gold - yellow gold
- Miami - golden nectar

Treatment Lip Shine - Lightweight, soft shine lipstick that doubles as a rejuvenating moisture treatment.  It instantly comforts dry, chapped lips and provides long-term moisturization with natural Cocoa and Shea Butters, Jojoba, Apricot Kernel, and Avocado Oils.  Peptides, along with Vitamin C, stimulate collagen production to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while SPF 15 helps prevent future sun damage.
- Orchid Pink - light heather pink
- Peach Sorbet - pink coral
- Pink Seashell - pale peachy pink
- Sunset Beach - golden bronze

Long-Wear Cream Shadow - Velvety-smooth formula that goes on easily - and lasts all day without creasing or smearing.  Fragrance free.  Safe for contact lens wearers.  Ophthalmologist tested.  For a polished, professional look, apply on clean lids with the Cream Shadow Brush.  Using short, sweeping brush strokes layer color on lids for desired effect.  For a more sheer effect, use fingertips to blend.
- Copper - bronze copper
- Bronze Sugar - brown bronze
- Candlelight - pale gold
- Nude Beach - shimmering pink nude

Beach Fragrance - It's the same scent, but with a new look - Bobbi's best-selling fragrance gets an update in a sleek bottle.  Designed with a lightly intoxicating blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin, Beach captures the atmosphere and attitude of summer.  This eau de parfum is wearable anytime, anywhere.

Shimmering Fragrance Oil - Featured in Bobbi's Miami Collection, Beach Shimmering Fragrance Oil combines pretty shimmer and the scent of Beach Fragrance into a lightweight oil, for an all-over body experience.

As of right now, this is my favorite collection of the summer.  I love the fragrance that is part of this collection, I can see why it is one of the best selling products from this line.  It goes without saying that I must have a bottle of this perfume and that I am really considering buying the oil to match this scent.  I will use the fragrance all summer long and I can see myself using the oil at the beach and then later on when going out at night. 

In addition the fragrance part of this collection, I have multiple picks in the color part of this collection.  Many of the eye makeup shades will be great for me, I love golds and bronzes all year round and the shimmer finish of these cream shadows is unrivaled by others on the market that I have tried.  I want three of the four new shades; Copper, Candlelight, and Nude Beach.  Nude Beach is my favorite of the new shades, I have been using pink shades all spring and I am hoping that this shade will mix well with the rest of the golds that I have been using so I can add more shades to the rose gold look that I have been working with for the past two months.  I will be skipping over the Cheek Glow, this looks like a product that I will only get use from at night and I have never really liked the shimmer on my face look.  Lastly, I love the Treatment Lip shine in the Orchid Pink shade, I will wear this shade all summer and it will work well against dramatic eye makeup in any season.

The perfume is one of my favorite pieces of the summer season and I love the rest of the collection too.  I can't wait to finish something on my bureau so I can buy a bottle of this and add it to my collection.

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: