Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Urban Decay Discontinued Eye Shadow List

One of the biggest color launches this summer is the release of an improved eye shadow formula from Urban Decay, personally this eye shadow was always a favorite of mine and I saw very few aspects of this formula that needed to be improved on.  I am glad to see that Urban Decay is always listening to their customers and looking at ways to improve their products, I really respect how involved this company gets with their fans.  With this new shadow formula, Urban Decay has also revamped their Big Fatty Mascara, one of my least favorite mascara formulas ever, and now I might have to retry this improved version. 

With the new eye shadow formula, the majority of the shades will be revamped and released.  I have not yet tried this new formula so I am going to leave the review until I have purchased and played with several different shades.  Today I am simply providing you with a list that I found on the Urban Decay website of the shades that will not converting to the new formula, they can still be ordered in limited quantities under the title "Vintage Eye Shadow" but I believe that this company is going to sell through their current stock and then will not be making any more.  The company also provides a list of shades that you will want to try in the new formula based on what discontinued ones that you like.  I will only provide a list of the discontinued shades, if you see some of your favorites on here then I recommend you buy a back up and visit the Urban Decay website to determine what other shades you will want to try.

The full list from Urban Decay...

- Aquarius - aqua green with shimmer
- Blaze - golden peach shimmer
- Cherry - shell pink with silver microglitter
- Dashiki - bright blue with shimmer
- Esctasy - bright purple with slight pink duochrome
- El Dorado - bright gold with gold sparkle
- Flipside - electric teal with blue duochrome
- Goddess - midnight blue with lots of electric blue microglitter
- Hot Pants - medium pink shimmer
- Jones - golden peachy-orange shimmer
- Kiddie Pool - ocean blue with iridescent glitter
- Lounge - reddish brown with green pearl duochrome
- Mary Jane - silvery blue with dark undertone and silver shimmer
- Minx - blue green duochrome with silver glitter
- Purple Haze - dark lilac with dark undertone and shimmer
- Stalker - intense iridescent lilac with silver glitter
- Strip - very metallic bluish-silver
- Urb - metallic celadon green with lots of silver/gold microglitter
- Uzi - metallic silver with big iridescent particles
- Vapor - very light silver shimmer

The only two shades that I currently own from this group are Cherry and Uzi, both are nice shades but I am not freaking about them being discontinued.  I love Uzi but I already have a back up of it from all the palettes that I buy from this company so I will be fine.  Stalker looks like a great shade and I am considering ordering this one from the company.  An additional thought - the old formula is no longer available on the Sephora website.  I can still see it on the Ulta website but there are only two shades currently available.  I have not looked at the counters in either store but I will check it out and include the information when I buy some of the new shades.

In better news, Urban Decay will still carry 68 shades of shadow and it looks like some of the shades aren't one that I have seen before so we will get to try some new ones from this company and some shades that were previously only in palettes.  Am I excited to try the new formula?  Yes but I still love the old formula and hope that the product didn't take a turn for the worse...

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

No comments: