Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Laura Mercier Summer 2012 Collection - Summer Jewels

It looks like Laura Mercier has returned to their pattern of releasing two new collections for every season, this seemed to stop for a bit but I now see a second collection on the company's website.  This second summer collection is much smaller than the Belle Nouveau collection and is exclusive to the company's website.  The new collection is named Summer Jewels and I don't really consider this a collection of shades and products to make one "look" for the season.  This is a series of the best shimmering shades that Laura Mercier has to offer,  one or two of these shades would work very well to change up your existing makeup range or to take a day makeup look easily into the night.  I must say that I am excited to see many of these products together in the same collection, I have seen many of these pieces alone in magazines and havew been interested in learning more about many of them.

Summer Jewels consists of five products; there are products for eyes, lips, and face so this collection gives lots of ways to add a bit of shimmer into your look.  I mostly use shimmer on my eyes and lips so I don't know that I would be likely to buy the shimmer powder for the face but I will be picking up some of the other products from this collection.  "Bold.  Glamorous.  Radiant.  It's the ultimate summer sparkle - an exclusive collection of shimmering new shades that can accessorize any look.  This luminous collection of true silvers, bare pinks, and bold brights gives you a radiant, sultry look, perfect for summer sizzle."
Here is the second of the Laura Mercier summer offerings...

Baked Eye Colour - An innovative wet/dry Eye Colour formula featuring Baked technology in beautiful shades that last all day.  This smudge-resistant, lightweight eye colour gently smoothes onto the lid for even application.  Ultra blendable and versatile, apply dry with the All Over Eye Colour Brush for an even wash of colour or wet with the Creme Eye Colour Brush for a more vibrant effect. 
- Rubellite - fushcia
- Silver - deep ice silver

Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Inspired by Laura Mercier's cult classic Caviar Eye Liner, Caviar Eye Stick Colour offers a new technique to enhance the smoky eye look.  In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smoky eye.  Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant.  The colour glides onto lids and blends easily with a rich colour payoff.
- Sterling - bright icy silver

Creme Lip Colour - Ultra-rich colour in an irresistibly lightweight formula.  This unique blend of moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and plumping ingredients enhances the lips leaving a smoother, healthier appearance.  One swipe of colour provides hydration and prevents moisture loss ensuring fresh and flawless lips.
- Rose Quartz - soft creamy pink

Lip Glace - A high shine, perfectly pigmented lip gloss with rich, long-lasting colour and brilliant shine that creates the appearance of fuller lips.  Any skin tone is virtually enhanced by creating a subtle contrast in texture.  Contains the Laura Mercier Lip Complex which hydrates and protects lips, leaving a wonderfully smooth surface.  Lip Complex is a unique blend of moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and plumping ingredients to boost the performance of the Lip Glace.  Non-sticky gloss formula plumps and conditions lips.  Lays down evenly without feathering or bleeding.  Adds a glamourous touch without looking too heavy.  Available in a variety of coverages (sheer, medium, and full) and finishes (shine, sheen, and shimmer).
- Bare Pink - light pink

Shimmer Bloc - A unique baked formula that applies effortlessly while brightening the eyes, cheeks, and body with a hint of natural colour and light.  Contains light-reflecting properties that blend together to give skin a healthy all-over glow.  Modern wearable pearl leaves the skin gleaming without being too frosty or metallic.  Layer over Bronzing Gel or Tinted Moisturizer for a natural sheen.
- Pink Tourmaline - shimmery ice pink

I loved the bright pink Baked Eye Colour, this is a very different shade for me but this is the one product that I really want from this collection.  I have heard a lot of great reviews of the Baked Eye colour formula and I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, I have been on a MAC and NARS buying spree and need to branch out a bit I guess.  I also really love the Sterling shade in the Caviar Eye Stick, this shimmering silver will work this whole summer against a tan and then I will use it in fall and winter for a foiled eye look.  Lastly, I want the Rose Quartz Lipstick shade, this is a brighter pink than the description suggests and I have been all over bright pinks this whole spring and summer.

The Shimmer Bloc is the product that I am undecided on, I would have to see how shimmery the finish actually is and if I would wear the product on my eyes since I wouldn't really that much shimmer on my face.
I like this little collection, it helps me to see some of the best shimmer products in the Laura Mercier line and the shades that this company would recommend against a great tan.  I am working on creating a pink and silver look for the summer months, I would be wearing this look at night though, I think that it might be too much during the daylight hours.

photo courtesy of Laura Mercier

No comments: