Monday, May 28, 2012

The Body Shop Summer 2012 Collection - Honey Bronze

The Body Shop has just released its newest summer color collection, I had to ignore all the new body products and force myself to focus only on the color products.  I love the body products from Body Shop and I could spend a small fortune on their Coconut and Mango product lines, they are two of the only product lines that I have continued to purchase year after year and have never gotten sick of.  I have found that I can now buy the body products at my local Ulta stores (though not at Sephora anymore) so I don't stress as much about being over an hour away from the closest freestanding Body Shop store, though I will have to order the makeup online or do some traveling in order to pick them up.

The new summer collection from The Body Shop only consists of bronzing products and all series of brush types to help apply the powders.  I just ourchased my first new bronzer for the summer, so I am not desperately in need of another one but I would like to own two shades for when my tan varies in hue over the next three months.  I see bronzers of all formulas in this collection, the only one that I am very likely to purchase is the pressed powder bronzer, the gels and shimmering oil are more complex products than I often try to work with in the summer heat and humidity.  The bronzers in this collection remind me of one of the MAC summer collections from years part, Naked Honey.  This wasn't a favorite collection of mine but it still had it's memorable pieces.

Personally, I think that this new collection from Body Shop could be a bit more diversified, how many types of bronzers does one need for the summer?  The best part about this collection is that there is a product of two for everyone however the collection range doesn't encourage purchasing any more than one or two products

Here is the new range of bronzers in the Honey Bronze collection...

Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil - Give your skin an even, bronzed look with a hint of shimmer with a lightweight body oil.  Honey bronze glow.  Tan-enhancing shimmer.  Non-greasy finish.

Honey Bronze Bronzing Gel for Face - Get an instant bronze glow with a moisturizing, honey-enriched gel. Moisturizing.  Light, non greasy formula.  Suits all skin tones.

Shimmer Waves - Sweep colors together for a stunning, all-over glow on the face and cheeks or use each one individually on the eyes or to accent specific areas.  Pearl pigments provide shimmer and sparkle, helping to disguise fine lines around the eye area.  Ultra-fine talc is a high-performance powder that enables smooth and even application.  Community Trade Marula Oil from Namibia helps to repair skin's moisture barrier.
- 01 Bronze - champagne gold/deep brown/red bronze/medium bronze/medium gold
- 02 Blush - medium bronze/medium rose/red bronze/medium bronze/pale cool champagne

Honey Bronzing Powder - Give your skin an even, bronze matte finish with a honey-enriched pressed powder.  All skin tones.  Even matte finish.  Convenient compact.
- 01 Light Matte - light tan
- 02 Fair Matte - light to medium tan
- 03 Medium Matte - medium tan
- 04 Deep Matte - deep tan

Brush-On Beads - Add a touch of radiance to your face, cheeks, and decolletage using bronze or buff colored powder beads with light-diffusing particles and pearl pigments.  All skin types.  Community Trade Marula Oil from Namibia helps keep skin soft and supple.  Light-diffusing particles and pearl pigments instantly brighten skin and help reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Bronze - all shades of bronze
Baked-to-Last Bronzer - Create a sun-kissed glow with a natural-looking bronzer, handmade, and slow-baked for up to eight hours of deliciously rich color.  All skin types.  Community Trade organic Olive Oil from Italy helps to condition the skin.  Community Trade Shea Butter has antioxidant Vitamins A and E to help protect and nourish skin.  Community Trade Marula Oil from Namibia helps to repair skin's moisture barrier, leaving skin soft and supple.
- 01 - deep bronze with pale gold swirled in
- 02 - medium bronze with pale pink swirled in

Retractable Blusher Brush - A retractable makeup brush with a protective cap that is perfect for on-the-go application of your favorite blusher or bronzer.  Super-soft synthetic hairs are long-lasting and specially cut to be extra gentle on delicate face skin.  Flexible, round-shaped head is ideal for applying and blending powder.  Removable cap protects brush hairs without leaving makeup residue in your purse or cosmetic bag.

Kabuki Bronzing Brush - Apply our Bronzing Powder to face, cheeks, and decolletage with a high quality, super soft brush.  Super-soft synthetic fibers allow a seamless application of bronzing powder to face and decolletage.  Bronze opaque and metallic flat-stemmed handle allows for easy application and allows brush to stand upright.
Face and Body Brush - A versatile, larger makeup brush that is just the right size for applying blusher, bronzing powder or shimmer to the face or decolletage.  Soft synthetic hairs are long-lasting and specially cut to be extra gentle on delicate skin.  Wide tapered head is ideal for applying and blending powder formulations.  Slightly tapered handle makes the brush easy to hold and use for controlled, precise application.

Blusher Brush - An indispensable, soft-bristle makeup brush that is just the right size for applying blushers and bronzers.  Super-soft synthetic fibers are long-lasting and specially cut to be extra gentle in delicate facial skin.  Wide, flat tapered head is ideal for applying and blending powder formulations.  Slightly tapered brush handle makes the brush easy to hold use for controlled, precise application.

I think that the piece that I would need most from this collection is the Honey Bronzing Powder in both the fair/medium and medium shades so that I switch them up to make my ever-changing summer fake tan.  This is only product that I am at likely to purchase from this collection, the rest are very nice however I wouldn't use the shimmer finish bronzers enough to warrant a purchase of them. The only product that I would consider buying is the Shimmer Waves palettes, I like both shades of them and since I could use them as eye makeup, I know that I would get use from them all summer.  I would be unlikely to use them in any other way then as eye shadow. 
The last piece from the collection that I have an interest in is the brush collection.  I am considering ordering the Face and Body Brush to use for loose powder since Body Shop has very high quality synthetic face brushes.  This isn't my favorite collection of the summer however it produces a series of high quality bronzers and all types of brushes to aid in application.

photo courtesy of The Body Shop

No comments: