Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Colour Collection - Eye Makeup

We are now at my favorite part of the new Hey, Sailor! collection - all of the Colour products.  Based on the sheer size of this collection, I have decided to break down my posts about the Colour collection into smaller parts that are more manageable and will be easier for my readers to narrow down what they are most interested in.  Also, more posts means more pictures for me to put up and since we all know how much I love the packaging on this collection, it goes without saying that I love to post pictures of the products and shades. 

There are fantastic products and shades in every single part of this collection and I am confident that this collection was worth waiting for and that this will be on part with A Rose Romance and Venomous Villians as one of my all-time favorite MAC collections!  "Set sail this summer with a colour collection inspired by the glam of vintage pin-up girls.  Go overboard with the never-ending colours of Pro Longwear Lip Pencils, Zoom Waterfast Lash. Lipglass, and more!  Limited edition."  I am very happy to see that many of the products in this collection are longwearing formulas and are made to stand up to the heat and humidity of the summer months, nothing is worse than when your carefully made up face is destroyed within 30 minutes of leaving your house on a summer morning.

Here is the eye makeup part of the Colour Collection!

Hey, Sailor! Eye Shadow - Highly pigmented powder.  Applies evenly, blends well.  Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition.
- Crystal Avalance - white with reflects
- Jaunty - light yellow beige
- Barefoot - tarnished gold
- Feeling Fresh - bright green
- Nautical Navy - navy blue

Hey, Sailor! Pigment - Pigment is a highly concentrated loose colour powder that contains ingredients to help it adhere to the skin.  Create a subtle wash of colour or an intense effect.  Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition.
- Old Gold - high frosted tarnished gold
- Naval Blue - deep smoky blue

Zoom Waterfast Lash - The fast-to-act drama of creamy, velvety Zoom Lash in a tear/sweat/humidity/waterproof formula.  Curls and lengthens with flexible, sculpted application - everything you love about the original is here.  Provides up to 12 hours of smudge-proof wear!
- Black - black
Hey, Sailor! Powerpoint Eye Pencil - A kohl pencil that has all the intensity and colour-power of soft carbon.  Provides deep, fully opaque coverage and an intense, smoked finish with duo-chrome pearl.  Versatile in application: blend or smudge.  Packaged in blue and white stripes, it's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition.
- Handforged - metallic yellow gold
- Emerald Sea - kelly green
- Blue Stripe - dark navy

I see some great golds in the eye makeup part of this colour collection, I will be buying at least one or two of these shades.  My favorite piece from this part of the collection is the Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Handforged, this is a lovely gold shade and is one of the best golds that I have seen since since Urban Decay discontinued their 24/7 Eye Pencil in Honey (I have less than two inches of product left and I use it all the time).  I will be buying the eye pencil and I want the eye shadow to match.  I am considering the Pigment in the Old Gold shade, however this is a permanent shade so I can skip over this for now and purchase it later on.  I have one Pigment in my collection and I use it so rarely that I can't go really crazy for the Old Gold shade even though I find it very attractive.

After buying the gold pencil and shadow, I would like to buy the Eye Shadow in both the Feelin Fresh and Barefoot shades.  I am not head over heels in love with either of these shades but they would be nice to own for the summer months.

Next up...blush and highlighters!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: