Saturday, May 5, 2012

Illamasqua Summer 2012 Collection - Human Fundamentalism (Part 2)

Illamasqua had a winning spring collection with the Human Fundamentalism collection.  It broke many boundaries that I have seen in the beauty world and sparked all kinds of new trends for the season.  The lip and nail shades were in particular top rated and were said to be the best sellers of the collection.  I don't need to get into how much I love the Lipstick and Nail Varnish formulas from this company, I am always on the lookout for new shades from this company and have been ordering these products from the Sephora website at least once of month.  I had been eagerly awaiting new products from this company for over the past month and the newest part of Human Fundalmentalism has finally come out on the Illamasqua website and soon it should be on the Sephora website, there are no new Nail Varnishes in this second part of this collection but I am still excited.

We are going to revisit the description of this colletion just in case not everyone has seen or heard about this collection when I wrote it up last March.  "Human Fundamentalism is an explosion of your alter ego.  It's becoming who you are and not who you're told to be.  Because beauty isn't conformity, but the fundamental human desire to express your inner self on the outside.  Rise above mainstream limitations and exist in a world where individuality is received with celebration, not derision, and breaking the mould is a sign of strength not instability.  We stand for freedome of expression, embracing our glorious imperfections and showing the world we're not ordinary but extraordinary, even if society refuses to accept it.  We're beyond conformity.  Beyond control.  Beyond hiding who we really are.  We are not a religion, but the singular opposite.  We are Illamasqua."

Here is the second part of the Illamasqua Human Fundamentalism collection!

Lipstick - Let your lips speak volumes!  Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matte to iridescent finishes.  Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout.  A must have for professional makeup artists, and those who want to make a statement.
- Eurydice - bright pink fushcia, matte finish
- Liable - orange red, matte finish

Powder Eye Shadow - Each of these glorious colours makes a statement that is as individual as you are.  Highly pigmented, prepare for an intensity that's not just colour-true but extremely long-lasting.  Experiment and be bold.
- Inception - rich violet
- Hype - bold yellow
- Fledgling - vivid green
- Vapour - tangerine

It appears that many of the new eye shadow singles were part of the original top-rated quad in the first part of the collection, the Fundamental Palette.  This was one of the pieces that I wanted when the collection first introduced and I would still like to own it.  From the new singles, I would like to order Inception however I think that I would hold this shade until the fall since it is a very deep and rich plum tone that will look out of place with my current summery makeup shades.  My favorite piece of the new part of the collection is the Lipstick in Eurydice, I have been in love with this lipstick formual every since I used my first shade of it and I will never hesitate to order more shades of it.  Eurydice is a bright matte pink that will work perfectly in the summer months and will still work with my skintone in the fall.

This isn't the biggest summer collection that could have been released but I am still happy with what new shades that we saw.  If memory serves me, this company never releases a very big summer collection, instead they have huge spring and fall collections and then just small ones in between those two releases.  I can't wait to see what comes out for fall from this company!

photo courtesy of Illamasqua

No comments: