Friday, May 18, 2012

OPI for Sephora Summer 2012 Collection - Indian Summer

Back when Sephora first starting carrying the OPI for Sephora collection, they were among my favorite polishes.  However the last time that I went into my local Sephora, they had a brand new Nail Station and my store now carries a limited line of Nails Inc and Illamasqua (FINALLY!!!) polishes.  Even though this line was all over the front of the stand, I ignored into and ran right to the back for the above brands.  Don't get me wrong...I still like this brand of polishes and I find great shades every season from them but other brands are beginning to overshadow their store display.  OPI for Sephora has finally released their new summer collection, it is only six new shades but they look great on first glimpse.

This new collection of polishes is named Indian Summer and it consists of single polish hues and a set of mini polishes.  This time around, I am hoping that the set of polishes actually contains polishes from the collection, Sephora please tell me that you have learned from my complaining about the past few sets that have come with the collection!  I can tell that this collection will make me want more nail polish hues...I already see a bright pink polish.  I have bought more pink polishes this season than any time before but I keep finding more shades that I want to add to my collection!

"A collection of vibrant polishes that capture the heat of summer.  This set of bold colors pays homage to the carefree attitude of a sizzling summer vacation, reminding you to kick off your sandals, enjoy a sunset, and soak up the sun.  Whether you leave the house in a bikini or a little black dress, these chic polishes will add instant flare and a kiss of summer to any look.  From tantalizing turquoise to fierce fuchsia and bright poppy orange, this bevy of beautiful shades will have your tips looking as hot as the sun overhead feels."

Nail Colour - Fashion-forward, wearable nail colours for the modern woman who is looking for an effective, safe, environmentally conscious brand.  Sephora by OPI Nail Colour, a line of 54+ trend-setting shades, puts the final touch on fingertips and toes with top quality formula you have come to expect from OPI.  The long-lasting, chip-resistant polish ensures flawless results with each application, and its green ingredient list excludes DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.  Sephora by OPI combines the quality and color expertise of OPI, the world leader in professional nail colour, with Sephora's reputation for the latest in beauty and sophistication.
- Paisley Attention to Me - opaque tangerine orange
- Henna-Thing is Possible - opaque metallic fuchsia
- I'm So Sari! - opaque turquoise with fine and chunky iridescent glitter
- Seriously, It's a Naan-Issue - opaque deep purple
- What Aura You Gonna Wear? - opaque hot pink
- Looks Like Rain Dear - opaque gold with fine and chunky iridescent glitter

Indian Summer Mini Set - A collection of four petit nail colours with vibrant, summer-inspired hues.  This set of bold colours pays homage to the carefree attitude of sizzling summer vacation, reminding you to kick off your sandals, enjoy a sunset, and soak up the sun.  Whether you leave the house in a bikini or a little black dress, these chic polishes will add instant flare and a kiss of summer to any look.  Experience a variety of the season's brights and have your tips looking as hot as the sun overhead feels.
- Paisley Attention to Me - opaque tangering orange
- What Aura You Gonna Wear? - opaque hot pink
- I'm So Sari! - opaque turquoise with fine and chunky iridescent glitter
- Seriously, It's a Naan-Issue - opaque deep purple

I am all over the new set, finally Sephora has decided to make a set that only contains new shades from the collection.  And it even contains some of the best shades at that, good job Sephora!  However I actually thinking that I might skip over the set since I really want many of the single shades, my favorite shade is the one that I have pictured.  This shade is I'm So Sari, one of the best glitters that I have seen this summer.  I love this turquoise hue and I must buy this the next time that I go to Sephora.  The only other shade that I must own is Look Like Rain Dear, this is a lovely and very unique gold shade that I will wear all through the summer and well into the fall and holiday season.  I like What Aura You Gonna Wear? but it isn't the most unique hot pink and since I just bought Illamasqua's Collide shade, I don't really need another hot pink shade the way that I need the two above shades.

This line still doesn't hold a candle to Illamasqua or Nails Inc but this is a solid collection that I think will sell very well this summer.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: