Friday, May 11, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Vitamin Boost Cream Cleanser

The other week I wrote about my love of the C.O. Bigelow Lemon products and after I finished writing it up, I couldn't get some of these products out of my head and decided that I wanted to order more of them from C.O. Bigelow.  While stocking up on my Lemon products, I checked out everything in the line of products from this collection and wanted to try something new with my order.  I was getting very low on face wash so I wanted to order a new one with the rest of my Bigelow products.  I choose one of the face wash choices in the C.O. Bigelow house skincare line, I had used their face care in college and I remembered that it was quite high quality and my sensitive skin never had  any reactions to the products that I had tried.  I was quite looking forward to receiving my order of Bigelow products and I have been playing with them for the past week.  So far, I can state that this new skincare line from Bigelow is as high quality as the other one and I line that I can see myself ordering more from in the very near future.

I ordered the C.O. Bigelow Vitamin Boost Cream Cleanser, a face wash that is recommended for normal to dry skin.  "Give your face a natural, fresh start.  This vitamin-packed cleanser foams into a rich lather to cushion skin as it washes away makeup, dirt, impurities, and environmental pollutants, leaving skin looking healthy and clean, without feeling tight or dry.  Gentle, foaming cream.  For skin that needs a bit more moisture.  Cushions as it cleanses to keep skin soft, nourished, and healthy."

I use this product once a day, only at night.  It helps to get all of my makeup off without leaving any type of residue.  This is a cream cleanser so it doesn't foam up as much as many traditional gel cleansers but still fully cleans my skin.  Many cream cleansers leave residue on the skin and don't clean as well as gel or foam formulas.  This formula doesn't strip my skin as some others do however I still must use a face cream when I get out of the shower or my skin will dry out over the day, my skin has felt much drier lately and I think that I will have to stick to cream cleansers until the middle of summer.

This product is effective at getting face makeup off, even though I use a strong primer underneath my foundation.  This has me very impressed, I have had many cream face washes that cannot get all of my makeup off and I am then forced to use a toner to finish getting all the foundation off.  However this then makes my face drier and the cycle just continues.  I have never tried this product to get my eye makeup off and I can state that I never will try to use it to remove eye makeup, I still prefer a separate eye makeup remover with all of the products that I tend to use on a daily basis. 

This is a very good basic face cleanser for normal to dry skin, it doesn't claim to anti-aging, brightening, etc benefits but it works very well to get your makeup off and your skin clean without stripping it of moisture.  This really is the funcation of a face wash, all the product is just washed off and any advertised benefits often just go right down the drain.  A face wash is made to get your face clean, not to improve or heal skin.  The best face washes are gentle and get your skin clean enough to fully absorb any serums and creams that you then use.  This one woprks exactly as advertised and I recommend it for someone with normal to dry skin, however this company also has a verison for normal to oily skin that I haven't used yet.

photo courtesy of C.O.Bigelow

No comments: