Thursday, May 10, 2012

Butter London Summer 2012 Collection

Several months ago, I finally bought my first Butter London nail polish at my local Ulta.  All Hail the Queen was finally back in stock after being out of stock since last fall.  Now that I have been playing with this polish, I can finally see what all the hype around this brand is about, the formula is perfection and the color range is beyond stunning, now it makes sense to me that the stand is nearly always empty and certain shades are almost impossible to track down.  After purchasing my first two shades of this polish formula, I have been making a list of all the shades that I want and now I see the new seasonal collection up on the company's website.  I bet that I will be adding some of the new shades to my shopping list and perhaps it might just be easier for me to just buy the entire polish display next time I go to Ulta...

This new collection contains five new polish shades, ranging from pales to brights.  I did see some new lip glosses from this company the last time that I was at Ulta but this collection only consists of polishes, hopefully the fall collection will be a mixture of both products.  I can already see a new neutral for the season and two great brights to spice my hands and feet up in warm weather.  We will start with the pales and neutrals and then go into the two bright shades and then finish up with the deepest shade of the new polish range.

The pales are the easiest of the collection to wear, they will match multiple skin tones and fashion looks.  Butter London polishes stay chip-free for days and I am really looking forward to buying more neutral, professional shades in this line.  This is one of the few polish formulas that allow me to keep the same shade on for four to five days, I love the low maintence aspect of this formula.  The first new of the new pales is named Bossy Boots, a "light, opaque pistachio green".  "A beautiful take on neutral for this season."  This shade is a very cool, pale green that looks pale gray in some lights, this one will be easy to pull off at the office and will work well many different outfits.  This is one of those great shades that are a twist on the traditional neutral nail and I really want to buy this shade next time that I go to Ulta.  The second of the pales is Trout Pout, a warmer pale that will work well on tanned skin this summer.  This shade is "an opaque shade of cantaloupe, pale and retro."  this shade is a warm peach that won't work well on my skintone, it is too warm and this will be one that I will need to skip over this summer but I can see it working well on someone with a warmer skintone.

Now we will look at the brights, the two best shades of this collection.  Butter London brights get me excited since I will be able to get full wear from the brights, making this a great polish to use on vacation and weekends away.  Disco Biscuit is my favorite shade of the whole collection, it is the shade that I have pictured here.  This shade is "a tropical hot pink with an undercurrent of tiny iridescent particles".  I love this bright shade with the small, iridescent shimmer particles.  The shimmer is fine enough to set this shade apart from the rest of the bright pinks available today but isn't huge glitter particles that can make bright shades garish and unwearable.  My second favorite shade of the collection is the other bright shade, Slapper.  This shade is "a truly teal lacquer, bold and very bright".  This shade is an opaque cream with no shimmer or glitter in at all, this one is a great choice for anyone who loves blue shades like me.

The last shade of the collection is the deepest of the hues.  This shade is called Knackered, a pretty shimmering blue.  "A sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked lacquer with micro glitter particles."  This shade is a medium periwinkle blue with lots of silver shimmer in it, normally this type shimmering shade is a much deeper blue.  Knackered is a very unique shade and I don't think that I have ever seen one quite like this before.

I think that Butter London is going to be another one of my nail polish line obsessions, I am becoming as obsessed with this line as I am with China Glaze and Deborah Lippman.  My favorite shade from this collection is Disco Biscuit, a shade that I am willing to bet will be an almost instant sell out at the counters.  I also love Knackered, Slapper, and Bossy Boots.  Trout Pout is the only shade that I will be skipping over from this collection, this is only because it is too warm for me.  I love this new collection, both the shades and the names are great and I can't wait to purchase these polishes!

photo courtesy of Butter London

No comments: