Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Bronzing

The second part of the collection is the Bronzing products, this is a big part of the collection and I see many of the same types of products that we see every summer from MAC.  Are some of these products permanent or does MAC just bring out the same summer bronzing products out every single year in different limited edition packaging?  I feel like I saw many of these products in 2009's Style Warrior and then again in 2010's To The Beach.  Last year, nothing from the Surf Baby! face collection popped out at me, most of the shades were too warm for me and I am hoping that this collection changes that.  The models for this collection look much different than the ones from the previous years, this year's model is much less bronzed and has a more polished makeup look from the previous years.  That should mean that MAC has brought out more of a shade range and it will contain shades that work better for skin that is cool-toned and doesn't get very tan.

"Set sail this summer with a gorgeously golden bronzing collection inspired by the glam of vintage pin-up girls.  Go overboard with Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder, To The Beach Body Oil, and more!  Limited edition."  It looks like To The Beach was the big inspiration for the bronzers in this collection and MAC is using the best pieces of that collection to re-release this year.  From what I remember reading, To The Beach was one fot he best-selling MAC collections of the past few years and I can see that MAC would want to continue to capitalize on it again.

Here are the Bronzing products from Hey, Sailor!

Hey, Sailor! Bronzing Powder - A lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer, natural colour effects and highlights.  Ideal to enhance and strengthen a tan.  Packaged in blue and white stripes.  It's a match to everything Hey, Sailor!.  Limited edition.
- Soft Sand - golden bronze with fine gold pearl
- Refined Gold - finely spun golden with soft pearl finish

Hey, Sailor! Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder - Combining comfort, flawless sheer-low transparent coverage and long wear, this is bronze with a fully dimensional yet natural finish.  Comes in a nautical blue and white striped compact.  Limited edition.
- Nude on Board - bronzy, yellow tone
- Sun Dipped - dirty red tone

To The Beach Body Oil - A shimming body oil formulated to bring a sheer sheen and sexy gleam to skin.  Soothing, naturally emollient.  Its fusion of three botanical oils help soften, smooth, and moisturize skin.  Limited edition.
- Seaside - dirty blushy pink with multidimensional sparkles
- Man Rays - glowing tan with multidimensional golden shimmer

167 SH Face Blender Brush - Specially designed for the lightweight application/blending of face powders, highlighters, and bronzers; this short-handled brush of white goat hair is dome-shaped, luxuriously full and fluffy, to create a flawless look.

I must have both of the new Bronzing Powders in this collection.  Refined Gold will be the best shade for the beginning of the summer as I am still building a tan and then Soft Sand will be better for the middle to the end of the summer when I have a full (for me) tan built up.  Even my full tan isn't very dark so I want the bronzers that aren't quite so dark.  The two shades in the Pro Longwear look slightly harder to pull off , they both appear deeper and warmer than my skintone will ever get so I will be skipping both of these products.  I have heard rave reviews about the original To The Beach Body Oil however this is a product that I don't really need and I don't know how much use i would really get from it.  It would be a fun product to buy but it isn't anything that I will be rushing out to buy on my first haul of the collection.

My biggest purchases from this part of the collection will be one, if not both, of the new Bronzing Powders.  I am in need of a new bronzer anyway so this is one of the practical items that I will purchase from the collection.  Next up, we will go onto to looking at the Colour part of the collection and all the non-practical items that I will want from Hey, Sailor!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: