Monday, May 7, 2012

Clarins Nordstrom Exclusive Summer 2012 Collection - Enchanted Summer

We have already looked at the first Clarins summer collection, Instant Summer showed us some great, easy beauty products for the summer months.  That collection contained a bunch of primers and then few color products, which disappointed me a bit.  The color products and shades were quite nice, I just wished that the collection was larger and contained a more extensive range of products.  I was browsing around the Temptalia beauty blog the other day when I saw another Clarins collection for summer, I quickly went over to the Clarins website in hopes that I would find more products for the summer but the collection wasn't up yet.  Then I later learned that the collection was Nordstrom exclusive and I am very happy to see that it is up on their website.  This product is more much of a traditional color collection and offers a nice range of colors for the season.
This collection is called Enchanted Summer and it contains the eye palette that I had been seeing so much of in the beauty magazines and kept wondering why I could never find this product at the Clarins counter.  Turns out, I was looking at the wrong Clarin's counter!  I would trade in every department store near me to have a Nordstrom closer than an hour and a half away from me...  "An exotic voyage with Clarins, Paris.  Where face, eyes, and lips are lit with the enchanting splendor of gemstone greens, joyful reds, radiant oranges, and uplighting blues."  I am pretty excited to see some more color choices from Clarins since I get great results from their skincare and want to see how there color options perform.

Here is the Nordstrom Clarins collection for the summer...

Enchanted Summer Color Quartet and Liner Palette - The Clarins Enchanted Summer Palette features four luminous eye shadows in a powder motif inspired by exotic travels, plus a pearlized brown eyeliner for a truly intense look.
- medium warm gold/deep warm brown/medium powder blue/creamy off white

Enchanted Summer Color Quench Lip Balm - A rich, melting texture with glossy shine and intense color.  Skincare benefits moisturize and smooth the lips.
- Pink Jaipur - sheer warm peach pink
- Nude Delhi - sheer neutral beige

Enchated Summer Kohl Kajal Eyeliner - Pure, highly concentrated pigments line and define with long-lasting color intensity.
- Instant Black - deep pure black
- Deep Violet - medium blue violet
Wonder Waterproof Mascara - The must-have mascara for summer months that provides triple the result of thicker, more beautiful lashes, separated and curled to perfection.
- 01 Wonder Black - deep black

I have my eye on the lip glosses from this collection, this pink shade looks like it has the potential to be a peachy pink that I could pull off this summer, I want both of these new shades.  I really like the eye quartet too, the blue shade has enough purple in it that I will be able to pull it off when combined with the other shades, I am seeing it used as a crease shade with the creamy offwhite used as the highligher and the bronze or gold on the lid.  I am considering the black shade of the Kohl Eyeliner, I don't think that I will wear it much during the summer but I will during the fall.  However it isn't that important for me to have this exact formula and I would be more likely to buy both the lip glosses and the eye quartet first.

I am so glad that a second color collection came out from this company for the summer season!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: