Sunday, May 27, 2012

Guerlain Summer 2012 Collection - Terra Azzurra

One the most acclaimed summer collections is the newest offering from Guerlain.  I have been seeing hints of this collection on other beauty blogs and in magazines since the beginning of May and I have been consistently checking the Guerlain website to see if the new line is up yet.  I have finally found the line up on their website and I am so excited over the new bronzing products in it.  This collection represents the collaboration of Guerlain and Pucci to create a line of top quality summer shades and amazing packaging.

I love this collection on first sight however I am very unhappy that it only contains two new products and then a brush for expert application.  I would love a whole line of new products from this company with the Pucci packaging.  With my weakness for pretty packaging, I would have done a lot of damage to my credit card ordering tons of products from this line!  I wouls especially love a lip gloss in the Pucci packaging...

This little collection is named Terra Azzurra and I stated above, it only contains one bronzer and one highlighter.  I feel that the size of this colleciton is a huge let down, it could have been unforgettable if it was only a few products larger.  As it stands, I couldn't really go out of my way and search for these products to only purchase one bronzer, I could justify chasing down an entire product line if I could get enough makeup to support an entire summer look. 
Here is the collaboration between Guerlain and Pucci!

Meteorites Perles d'Azur - In a nod to the Pucci shades, the Perles d'Azur are being enriched with a corrective blue pearl and beautifully adapt to the demands of the sun.  The idea?  Three targeted and instant benefits to create a summer glow, thanks to the combination of six colours that even out and correct every skin tone, with a de rigueur ultra-luminous and delicately translucent result.  Already tanned skin is subtly set off with a fine complexion-enhancing and imperceptible veil.  Their incredibly stylish round case is adorned with the Pucci print in contrasting colours with a graphic motif.
Terra Azzurra - The star of the collection, this exquisitely beautiful object combines two success stories: Guerlain's legendary Terracotta powder and Emilio Pucci's iconic prints.  Halfway between a bronzer and blusher, this hybrid powder with a gentle, lightweight formula offers a universal harmony of four shades to meet every desire, from the softest to the most intense.  For the ultimate in sophistication, its smooth and oval case in ebony-coloured varnished wood is presented in an accessory pouch printed with the Pucci motif.

Pinceau - An elegant firm and generous Kabuki-style powder brush designed to subtly crush the Meteorites Perles d'Azur pigments or pick up just the right amount of Terra Azzurra powder.  Its broad metallic ring encircling its natural midnight blue bristles adds a chic detail.  It is stored in its on-trend Pucci print pouch that is perfectly in line with summer's glamorous tone.

I know that the Meteorites highlighter is one of the biggest cult products that is available on the beauty market today however I have never tried them out before.  I would be more likely to try them at my Sephora store and then decide if I liked them enough to order these in the Pucci case.  In regards to the Terra Azzurra, I was really hoping that this was more of a plain bronzer, I didn't really want a product that has a blush in it.

I can't decided if I like the products in this collection only because of the packaging, none of them are really what I am shopping for at the moment and I would need to try them at a counter before I order them from the website.  I am seriously tempted by the bronzer brush (of all items!), I love the blue hue of the bristles and the Pucci container that it comes in...

photo courtesy of Guerlain

No comments: