Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smashbox Summer 2012 Collection - Shades of Fame

The past few seasons, Smashbox has been creating their new collections around the theme of fame and being in front of the camera.  Not that I mind series like this, but when will this begin to get old and this company find some other theme to create collections around.  How many new collections can be focued on the same type of concept?  I do think that this series of collections is baased around some of the new complexion and highly pigmented products that Smashbox has been introducing throughout the past year.  I have liked the past few collections but I do fondly remember some of the wonderful and perfectly in season collections that this company released in years past.  I am hoping that the fall collection will bring a completely different theme to the new products from this brand...
The summer collection is named Shades of Fame and consists of one single product and two new palettes/sets/  Smashbox creates great sets but I tend to prefer their single product offerings since I don't always love every sahde in the set and then I have to decide if I want the set enough to warrant not using all the shades in it or if I decide to skip over the set because I won't use some of the shades in it. I am still waiting for a palette or a set from this company that I will use everything in it.  "You're sure to get your 15 minutes with the stunning summery shades in this limited edition collection.", I am hoping that this series of collection is almost done with their 15 minutes of fame...

Here is the Shades of Fame collection from Smashbox...

Photo Finish Foundation Primer -  Create a perfect canvas for foundation application with this silky, lightweight blend of Vitamins A and E, Grape Seed Extract, and Green Tea.  Worn alone or under foundation to increase longevity, our best-selling primer helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety smooth finish.  Oil-free!  Winner of Best of Sephora Award for Best Primer, one of Marie Claire's "25 Products That Will Change Your Life", and an In Style Best Buy.  Apply a dime size amoung of Photo Finish Foundation Primer to clean or moisturized skin, using fingertips, for complexion perfection.  Follow with your favorite foundation (try High Definition Healthy Fx Foundation).  To tam frizzies, try smoothing primer through wet or dry hair.

Shades of Fame Eye Shadow Palette - Insanely pretty summer shades, plus everything you'll need to create your own famous looks!  Includes: 9 vibrant shadows; 2 luxe cream liners; 3 step-by-step Get the Looks; Eye Shadow Brush, Photo Finish Lid Primer (mini size).  Layer the brighter shades to put a colorful spin on the classic smoky eye.
- Bliss - pale golden beige
- Honey - soft translucent yellow pink
- Sandstone - soft sandy beige
- Nude - matte soft caramel
- Sherbert - shimmery coral
- Safari - deep golden green
- Pacific - shimmery aqua
- Praline - bronze
- Mocha - toasted brown with gold flecks
- Gold Cream Liner - warm yellow gold
- Bronze Cream Liner - deep warm bronze

Shades of Fame Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss Set - A covetable set of fun-sized glosses in the season's most delicious shades!  Vitamins and hyaluronic acid deeply moisturize.  Smoothing polymers help fill in fine lines.  Mix in a dab of the Star shade whenever you choose to tone down any lip color a notch.
- Candy - bubblegum pink
- Buff - nude
- Hibiscus - fuchsia
- Papaya - peach
- Star - pearlscent shine

This collection reminds me very much of the others, nothing amazing that I must own in it but nothing that I dislike either.  I can see this collection selling very well, the eye shadow palette is already sold out on the website.  The range of shades in this palette are very well thought out for the summer months and will work well together to create many different looks for the season.  My favorite piece of the collection is the eye shadow palette, I will be looking for it at Sephora the next time that I head over there.  I know that I will get a lot of use from these shades, this palette will allow me to create some great colorful eye looks and mix them with some neutrals for a more professional look. 

I have been interested in this primer for years, it is top rated and I know so many people that I love it.  I will have to put this on my shopping list for when I need primer again, I attempt to only have one or two open at one time, based on my skin's needs at the time.  The lip gloss set contains three very pretty shades, I will use the Candy, Buff, Hibiscus, and Star shades all summer.  I am really considering buying the set, I know that I will use 80% of the shades in it.  The peach shade is only shade that I am not sure about, but I have used a peach gloss from Urban Decay in past when I have a had a tan and it was very attractive.  This might be the very first set from Smashbox that I will get full use from.

The fame-inspired collections have had some nice items in them but I am really looking forward to Smashbox changing it and introducing a totally new concept for their fall color collection.

photo courtesy of Smashbox

No comments: