Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tarina Tarantino Summer 2012 Collection

I missed out on the Tarina Tarantino spring collection, something is telling me that it came out so late in late spring that I had alreaday started working on the summer collections by the time that it was finally up on the Sephora website and I wasn't going back a whole season for one collection.  I really can't stand when company's release their collections so late that I have already bought everything that I am going to purchase for the season and then I end up missing out on something that I really want, I can't understand why a line would be brought out later than many of the others but I might be missing out on a key marketing concept.  Perhaps timing will be covered in my upcoming gradurate Marketing Research class...

I am guessing that releasing the spring collection so late didn't quite work as well as the company had in mind since the summer collection came out with the rest of the collections.  This collection was up on Sephora's website last week and I started looking at the new eye shadow palette first.  I can't say that I am impressed with the new design of Sephora's website, it is a bit harder to find the seasonal collections than it used to be.  I found the new palette and then looked to see what else was listed as "New" when I looked at the full list of the makeup items from Tarina Tarantino.  Hopefully, I didn't screw something up here and I have the right group of products in this seasonal collection.  Am I the only one that it not really impressed with the new website?

We have three new products in this collection; the eye shadow palette, a blush duo, and a waterproof version of the company's mascara formula.  I originally loved the eye shadow palette but when looking at all the products, the blush duo quickly caught my attention and I fell in love with the cream blush and highlighter package.  I have always been interested in the Tarina Tarantino blushes, I just haven't really tried them out yet.  I have heard so many wonderful comments about the formulas of all the products in this makeup line and I need to buy a few pieces from this collection so that I can add my own comments to the praise heaped on this brand.

Here are the new pieces for summer!

Dollskin Cream Blush and Pressed Sparklicity - A collection of blush duos with exquisite powder formulas that glisten.  Get a gorgeous, radiant look with these rich, velvety-soft blush combinations.  The unique formulas blend effortlessly on cheeks and kiss skin with the subtle shimmer of micro-crystalline Sparklicity.  The intense pigments are long-lasting, leaving skin beautifully moisturized and glowing all day.
- Mr. Pink - bright azalea pink/shimmering soft pink
- Coral Cameo - warm sunset/shimmering golden tan

Emerald Pretty Eye Shadow Palette - A unique palette of shimmery, high-payoff shadows inspired by a magical, far-off place.  Infused with crushed pearls and diamond and porcelain powder, this set of shadows is like jewelry for eyes.  The shades of olive green, shimmering aqua, and iridescent white were carefully created by Tarina to capture the essence of The Emerald City in the bejeweled Land of Oz.  From sweet to wicked, these intense formulas offer shimmery payoff and ultra-high pigmentation.  Quality ingredients ensure long wear and shades can be applied either wet or dry.
- Glinda's Kiss - iridescent white
- Silver Shoes - pearlized silver
- Dandy Lion - pearlized olive green
- Saw Dust Heart - matte deep brown
- Ozma - pearlized aqua blue
- Very Wicked - pearlized emerald green

Fleur de Lash Waterproof Mascara - A superior waterproof mascara that thickens and lengthens for maximum volume.  Tarina Tarantino has always been obsessed with what she calls, "butterfly lashes", luscious, feminine lashes that bat with beauty.  This formula was created by Tarina to ensure every woman could get this look, by combining a long-lasting formula with an extra-thick brush.  "Fleur de Lash is like false lashes in a tube, for lashes so beautiful you want to bat them all day long." - Tarina Tarantino.

The eye shadow palette is very pretty to look at, the packaging is a lovely jade green shade that creates a great showcase for all the eye shadows contained in it.  I am on the fence about if I need it or not.  I have all of these shades already, I like them a lot but I will only really need to be buy this palette if the formula is flawless.  I have heard that this eye shadow formula is close to perfection so i will play with this palette at the counter in Sephora and decided from there.  I love the Mr. Pink blush duo, this bright pink shade will be perfect for the summer and then will still be great long after the summer has ended.  That product is topping my Most Wanted list for the next month.  Lastly, I don't really use waterproof mascara formulas but I am really interested in how well this formula performs against classics like Diorshow and BadGal Lash, I will buy the regular formula first and then decide if I would actually need a waterproof formula in the summer months.

There are just so many brands and products that I want to try, it is getting harder and harder to shop at Sephora without getting distracted and adding $200 worth of products to my basket...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: