Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner

Glossing is one of the original collections from the Fekkai hair line and is one the lines that was reformulated when Fekkai reworked his whole line.  And this is one line that I am happy to report was much improved and went from a line that was awful to a line that worked wonders for my hair.  when I first tried the original shampoo and conditioner, it left my hair sticky and didn't really improve the finish.  I used through my small bottles and then never repurchased these products again.  Even though I didn't like the shampoo and conditioner, I loved the styling products and I have been used the Glossing Cream and Sheer Shine Mist for the past few years and have been consistently repurchasing them every single time that I run out.  The last time that I bought a tube of Glossing Cream at Sephora, the sales associate gave me samples of the newly reformulated shampoo and conditioner in this collection and I decided to try them when my current products were finished up.  I love that these products were reformulated and I am so happy that the sales associated gave me samples to try.  Since I went right out and bought the full size in the shampoo and conditioner within days of finishing up the samples.

First we will start with the shampoo.  "This shine release shampoo bathes hair with encapsulated spheres of olive oil all day long to keep locks lustrous.  Safe for color-treated hair.  Fekkai's legendary shine collection infuses new Encapsulated Shine-Release Complex in its winning formula containing olive oil to renew shine all day, strand by strand, minute by minute."  This formula is so much better than it used to be and I wonder if I wasn't the only person that complained about it.  The new formula is much lighter, the texture in the botlte is lighter, yet it still creates a very rich and creamy lather when applied to wet hair.  This new formula rinses very clean, the old version left a film on my hair and made it much harder to style and work with throughout the day.  This shampoo is much lighter than the old formula and I think that is why it is much nicer to work with.  I am glad that Fekkai left one aspect of this product completely the same, the scent is still the wonderul olive oil scent that the line has always had.  I feel like the Fekkai company read my mind when they reformulated this product.

The conditioner was reformulated as well as the shampoo was, it is lighter in texture yet still hydrates and adds shine to my hair.  "This sheer conditioner with encapsulated olive oil gives hair what it needs: vital moisture and shine while restoring its strength.  Safe for color-treated hair.  Fekkai's legendary shine collection infuses new Encapsulated Shine-Release Complex in its winning olive oil formula to renew shine all day, strand by strand, minute by minute."  Like the shampoo formula, this conditioner is much lighter than the original, rinsing out well and not weighting hair down.  Considering that I have very thick and coarse hair, the original formula was just too heavy and I fail to see how many people it really could work well for.  Most of the people that I knew who had tried the original formulas complained about how much they weighed hair down even if they liked the finish that it gave their hair. 

In short, this is the best reformulation that Fekkai could have done on his original line.  The new shampoo and conditioner are much lighter and will allow so many more hair types and textures to use this product and get great results from it.  Both products now rinse much cleaner and therefore hair is much easier to style and looks much better.  The hair lays smoothly and these products help to create the glass-like shine finish.  I love the olive oil scent of the product and I am very happy that this is the one aspect that Fekkai didn't play around with during the reformulation.  I will be buying these two products more often now and I would love to see more items released in this line.

photo courtesy of Fekkai

No comments: