Tuesday, May 22, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Colour Collection - Blush and Highlighters

We have just finished up on of my favorite parts of the Hey, Sailor! collection, I loved the eye makeup part of the Colour Collection and I think that I have already found several of the products that I will be buying on Thursday morning.  I haven't used many blushes and highlighters from MAC, the one product that I have in this line is a Beauty Powder from the Rose Romance collection.  I'm not really in the market for new blush shades at the moment since I am currently using the shades that I have collected from Illamasqua and am very happy with their blush formula.  However, we have already seen how well I can remain strong against the temptation of this collection, the packaging is doing me in and making me want to buy almost all my summer makeup from this collection!

"Set sail this summer with a colour collection inspired by the glam of vintage pin-up girls.  Go overboard with the never-ending colours of Pro Longwear Lip Pencils, Zoom Waterfast Lash, Lipglass, and more!  Limited edition."  This part of the collection offers two new shades of blush and one new highlighter, this is the smallest part of the Colour Collection and one of the least exciting.  One first glance, none of the shades in these products are very unique and they wouldn't be among my first choices of the collection.

The Blush and Highlighters in the Hey, Sailor! Colour Collection...

Hey, Sailor! Powder Blush - Colour for the cheeks and face in a satin finish.  Comes in a nautical blue and white striped compact.  Limited edition.
- Launch Away! - true peach
- Fleet Fast - pinky golden coral

Hey, Sailor! Highlight Powder - Pearlized highlights in a superfine pressed powder.  Goes on easily to create a smooth, sophisticated pop of light.  Packaged in a jaunty nautical striped compact.  Limited edition.
- Crew - soft peachy cream with fine shimmer

All of these shades have warmer undertones, none of these are that great of a choice for me.  Launch Away! is a lighter peach shade that is on the sheerer side.  This shade would be great for someone with light to medium skin that has warm undertones.  Fleet Fast looks like a deeper and less shimmery version of NARS Orgasm, this is a must-have only if you don't own any of the peachy pinks from NARS.  The Highlighter Powder is very pretty in the compact and I believe that this is going to be one of the best-selling products from this collection, it reminds me of the To The Beach Marine Highlight Powder that became an instant cult classic and was commanding top price on Ebay within weeks of the collection release.  This highlighter is a warmer tone with lots of peachy shimmer in it so this is another product that isn't for me.

This is one part of the Colour Collection that I can totally skip over...none of these shades will work very well for me and I would rather concentrate my energies toward the eye and lip parts of the collection.  I can see these shades working very well for someone with a warmer skintone and I do see them selling very well when the collection hits the counters this week.

Now we are heading to the lip and nail part of the Colour Collection...I see some new reds in my future!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: