Saturday, May 19, 2012

Philosophy Summer 2012 Body Product Collection

I have been all over the summer color collections for the past month and a half and I have decided to change it up a bit today, we haven't yet looked at any new body products for the summer and this is the best time of the year for some great new fruit and tropical fragrances.  The last time that I was in Sephora, I saw some of these products in the Philosophy section of the store and now I see that they are available on the Sephora website.  This company has released a series of body products that are available individually, in duos, and then in sets that are perfect for summer birthdays and hostess gifts.  My early favorites from this collection is actually the first scent that I smelled from this new collection, the Mangos and Cream scent of products.  This product reminded me of the Bath and Body Works Apricot Vanilla scent that I can no longer get and I already love the scent of mango and therefore this is one of the best body product scents that I have smelled in the past few months. 

The products are available in either the traditional 3-in-1 formula and many are available in a matching body lotion.  I have been dying for lotions to match the great Philosophy scents for years and I must not have been the only one!  "The body lotion formula of natural oils, shea butter, and anti-oxidants helps moisturize, soothe, and soften your skin.  This lightweight texture absorbs quickly to leave your body feeling extra silky.  The three-in-one cleanser for hair and body has a rich lather that gently cleanses and conditions, leaving skin and hair feeling hydrated and super-soft."

First we will start off with the single products that are available in this collection.  Cabana Girl is the first of the new scents, it is a mixture of coconut and guava notes.  This is sure to be a hit this summer especially with those of us who love coconut scents.   I have so many coconut scents but a mix of guava and coconut is one of the few that I don't own at all and I can't wait to play with this scent.  "A bath and body collection infused with a sunny, tropics-inspired scent.  Go poolside and quench your island thirst with the sweet scents of juicy guava and fresh coconut.  This tropical temptation is a head-to-toe paradise."  This fragrance comes in the full sized 3-in-1 and matching body lotion and I want to buy both of these products, I am all over coconut scents all year round and this will be a great addition to my collection.

The second of the new scents that is available in single products is Black Cherry Italian Soda, one of the most unique body product scents that I have ever smelled.  "A bath and body collection with a fragrant burst of effervescent black cherry.  Turn your shower into an Italian soda bar and give your skin the ultimate refreshment.  The scent of Italian soda contains a burst of sugar and refreshing fruit to give you a true soda experience."  I don't know that I could stand this scent in the full-sized products since this sent is very strong but I think that I would purchase a set of it in the smaller sizes.  I will have to see what all this is offered in other than the full sizes in the 3-in-1 and body lotion.

The duo of products is available only in Mangos and Cream, one of my early favorites.  This is one of the best mango scents that I have ever smelled, it reminds me of a mixture of mangos and sweet, creamy vanilla ice cream.   "A cleansing and hydrating combo scented with fresh, ripe mango and a touch of vanilla.  Treat any mango lover to this sweet and creamy set of fresh fruity favorites.  The three-in-one cleanser scrubs and conditions skin and hair with a rich foaming lather that leaves the body silky soft from head to toe.  Enjoy the multi-sensory experience in the shower or add it to the bathtub for a fragrant soak.  The lightweight, non-sticky body lotion is formulated with macademia seed and olive fruit oils, shea butter, and antioxidants to moisturize, soothe, and soften, while protecting skin from environmental attack."  I love this scent so much, I wish that it wasn't limited edition and that I could get it all the time.  This is simply one fo the best mango scents that I have ever smelled.

Now we are onto the giftsets that have come out for the summer!  The Cabana Girl Trio is the first set that I see available on the Sephora website.  This set contains small sizes of the Cabana Girl body products and the matching lip gloss.  "A three-piece collection for hair, body, and lips with a sunny, tropics-inspired scent.  Go poolside and quench your island thirst with this trio of sunny essentials.  Infused with the sweet scents of juicy guava and fresh coconut, these tropical temptations are a head-to-toe paradise gentle enough for everyday use.  Formulated with natural oils, shea butter, and anti-oxidants, the body lotion moisturizes and soothes parched skin.  The three-in-one cleanser conditions body and hair and enhances any shower or bath experience.  The lip shine glides on smooth = never tacky or sticky - and moisturizes for a soft, delicious pucker."  I am more interested in buying these products in the full sizes, however I would give this set as a gift to many of my friends that have summer birthdays.

The second of the giftsets contains only three-in-ones and it does contain the Black Cherry Soda scent in a small size, just like I hoped for above.  It also contains a strawberry scent and a lemon soda scent.  I think that I would be more interested in the lemon soda scent in a huge bottle.  "A trio of multitasking cleansers for hair and body with refreshing soda-inspired scents.  Turn your shower into an Italian soda bar for the ultimate, refreshing clean.  The three-in-one formulas provide a rich, foaming to clean and condition from head to toe, leaving skin and hair feeling ultra-soft and luxurious.  The Italian soda scents contain a burst of effervescence and refreshing fruit to give you a true soda experience.  Reach for the flavor of your choice and enjoy the fizzy pick-me-up."  The three scents that are in this collection are Black Cherry Italian Soda, Strawberry Italian Soda, and Limoncello Italian Soda.  I am not craving black cherry soda and I am more likely to buy this set than the full sizes of the Black Cherry Soda itself.

To round everything out, Philosophy has brought out a few limited edition scents in their best-selling Lip Shines.  These have never been among my favorite lip glosses, they are shiny and smell great but they have little to no color so I only buy these when I am in love with the fragrance.  "A high-gloss, high-flavor lip balm that hydrates with a sheer hint of color.  Give your lips a burst of effervescence and a true soda experience with this super-glossy, emollient-rich formula.  This lip shine goes on smooth - never tacky or sticky - and moisturizes for a soft, smooth pucker."  The first scent is the Strawberry Italian Soda, a "sweet, strawberry scent that will quench your thirst and make your smile fizz with delight".  This is a sheer pink shade that is on the warmer side.  The second Lip Shine is the Cabana Girl scent, a tropical-scented lip gloss.  "The coconut and guava flavor will quench your island thirst and the sheer tint will make your smile shine bright".  This scent is a coral shade that will never work on my skin tone.  I doubt that I will be purchasing either of these Lip Shines, neither shade will work for me.

My favorite things that from this collection are the Cabana Girl line of body products.  I will be buying the full sizes in both the 3-in-1 and the body lotion.  I already I am thinking about what summer birthdays are coming up among my group of friends since the Cabana Girl set will work well for lots of ladies.  I must have the set in the Mangos and Cream, I love this fragrance and I am actually considering purchasing a back-up set in this scent, it is just that good!  Lastly, I want the smaller 3-in-1 set of the soda scents, I like the Black Cherry but I don't know how much of it I could use without it beginning to get on my nerves.

This is a great summer body product collection, Cabana Girl and Mangos and Cream are among some of the best scents that I have seen this summer.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: