Thursday, May 24, 2012

Clinique Summer 2012 Collection - Summer Trend 2012

I was all over the spring collection from Clinique, especially the new shades of the Almost Lipstick.  I am still using two of the new shades at least once or twice a week and I will keep this up through the whole summer.  With the new shades that were released in that best-selling, cult product, Clinique has really been holding my attention lately and I am hoping that the summer collection holds the same amount of promise that the spring collection did.  This collection comes with a bold, tropical print makeup bag that I know will be a hit this summer.  I also see Lash Power Mascara and the Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss, products that I have used in previous summers.

"Sun-kissed and ready for summer.", is the simple description of this collection.  This description is short and to the point yet it still right on target with the products that are offered here.  I think that I see a new bronzer in this collection that I have never tried before and that I am very excited about.
Here is the summer collection from Clinique...

Superbalanced Powder Bronzer with Mini Makeup Bag - Limited edition.  Bronzing powder with a smart advantage: Long-wear formula helps absorb oil, maintain skin's moisture balance so skin looks healthy, lit with a subtle radiance.  Mineral and antioxidant-rich bronzer transforms from pressed to loose powder at the turn of a dial.  Lightweight, oil-free.
- Bronzed 1 - medium gold
- Bronzed 2 - deep bronze

Bronzer/Blender Brush - The perfect partner for powders.  Great for blending and highlighting.  Unique antibacterial technology.

Lid Smoothie Antioxidant 8-Hour Eye Colour - Creamy, crease-resistant eye colour wears for 8 hours.  Instantly cools thanks to a unique applicator.  Nourishing ingredients coax fine lid lines into a blanket of smoothness.  Antioxidants helps protect eye area skin.
- Bit o'Honey - creamy pale gold shimmer
- Cute-cumber - cool medium olive shimmer
- Seventh Heather - medium heather brown shimmer
- Currant Affair - deep plum shimmer

Lash Power Mascara - Mascara with staying power.  Vows to look pretty for 24 hours without a smudge or smear.  Lasts through rain, sweat, humidity, tears.  Yet the formula removes easily with warm weather.  Unique brush reaches and beautifully lengthens even the tiniest lashes.  Ophthalmologist tested.
- Black Onyx - medium black

Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss - Lip balm with a colourful twist.  Luscious, high-gloss shades treat your most undermoisturized skin to soothing shine.  Instantly relives dryness, protect with antioxidants and more.
- Raspberry - bright punch of sheer cherry red
- Mango - soft orange with a slight pink hue
- Currant - rich reddish deepened purple
- Grapefruit - pale blue pink with white shimmer

The Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Grapefruit has been a summer staple of mine for about four years now, I am still using the same tube since a little bit of this product goes a very long way.  I always check the Clinique counter for more shades in this product, I want the Raspberry shade for a sheer red for this season.  Lash Power Mascara was a staple of mine last summer, I did a full review on it so I will just sum up some of the major points here.  It helped to lengthen my lashes but it is not a thickening formula.  It stayed put all day long and only removed when I was in the shower at night (it only removes with water - even eye makeup remover didn't get it all off).  This mascara creates more of a natural look than I usually go for so I don't know that I would purchase it again but it is a solid waterproof formula that will work well in any type of weather.

The Lid Smoothie is a product that I have been interested in since I first saw it at the counter but I haven't purchased any of the shades yet.  My first choice for summer would be Bit o'Honey to use as a highlighter this summer or against a bright pink lip.  I will be more likely to buy the deeper toned shades in the fall months.  Lastly, I want to try the new bronzer formula, I have used Superbalanced products in the past and I have gotten greeat results from them so this bronzer formula looks very promising.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: