Friday, May 25, 2012

Chloe Chloe

With the all hype around the new Chloe L'Eau de Chloe fragrance, I remembered how much I wanted the original version of this fragrance when it came out several years ago.  I know that I really wanted this fragrance but just never got around to purchasing a bottle (for some reason or another) and I jumped at the chance to get a sample of it when I was making one of my many Sephora orders.  I have playing around with the sample over the past few days and I have officially fallen in love with this great rose fragrance and now have yet another fragrance that I want to buy (and still have no room for!).  This is one of those few great floral fragrances that is light enough for the spring and summer months but still complex enough to wear in the fall and winter months.  I love finding scents like this because I wear them all the time!

I found this product's full description on the Sephora website.  "Capturing the spirit of women, the Chloe vision is not about one singular woman, but rather about the rich and varied personalities of all Chloe women.  This fresh, smooth floral fragrance evokes sublime powdery rose.  The effect is chic, comfortable, and entirely addictive.  Top notes of peony, freesia, and lychee embody subtle freshness.  At the heart, midnotes of magnolia flower, lily of the valley, and rose rise to sublimated femininity.  A base of velvety elegance comes to fruition through cedarwood, amber, and honey.  Inspired by the details in Chloe's fashion, the flacon's heavy but softly curved and grooved glass reflects femininity and strength.  The plated-silver top is embossed with the Chloe mark and adorned with a hand-tied ribbon." 

The notes of the fragrance are: Pink Peony, Freesia, Lychee, Magnolia Flower, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Cedarwood, Amber, Honey.  The Pink Peony note comes out on my skin right after application and then within the next few minutes, the Rose and Magnolia notes come out.  The Cedarwood and Magnolia notes are the notes that remain on my skin the longest and make the fragrance last all day on my skin.  This fragrance is more of a subtle, powdery rose than Jo Malone's Red Roses and is lighter than Stella McCartney.  It is a contender to be one of my favorite rose fragrances!

This fragrance is available in a full range of sizes in the EDP and a rollerball.  The rollerball is the most practical for me right now since space is at a minimum on my bureau.  I will most likely buy a rollerball now and then later on buy a full bottle of the EDP.  This fragrance is also available in a full range of fragranced body products.  It comes in a Perfumed Deodorant Spray, Perfumed Body Cream, Perfumed Body Lotion, Perfumed Shower Gel, and Body Cream Scrub.  Personally, I can skip over the Perfumed Deodorant Spray but I want the rest of the body products, with the Perfumed Body Cream being my first choice from the collection.

The last thing that I needed to add to my shopping list is yet another perfume but this one is just so special to me that I must at least purchase the rollerball now and then the rest full size perfume and the rest of the body products a months down the line.  This is a rare fragrance in that I can wear all year round and in many different places.  I could easily pull this fragrance off at work and it is still lovely to wear when going out at night, it is a rare fragrance that is as versatile as this one and I can see myself going through many bottles of it in the next few years.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: