Monday, October 22, 2012

Chanel Holiday 2012 Collection - Eclats du Soir de Chanel

We have been looking at mostly gift collections so far for the holidays and I am ready for some single product collections, I want to do some shopping for myself that doesn't involve a set or palette.  I was very excited to see that the Chanel holiday collection is now up on their website, this brand has often been a favorite of mine however I just finished a wonderful biography about Coco Chanel and now I am more in love with the brand than ever and I have a feeling that I will be spending more money than ever at their counter in Macy*s over the next few months...

Eclats du Soir de Chanel is a collection of metallics and jewel tones that will all work perfectly at all the holiday parties that are coming up over the next two months and then will still be perfect throughout all winter.  This collection has a variety of deep lip hues and golds for the eyes and all of these products will help create one of my favorite looks for the fall and holidays, I love the look of gold eyes and red lips and try to collect as many of these shades as I possibly can.  Knowing that these products are from Chanel, I know that I will get quality products with optimal pigmentation.

I must say that I don't even know what product that I am most excited for from this collection.  I see a deep metallic red nail polish, a deep berry cream lipstick, and an Illusion d'Ombre shadow in a perfect metallic gold.  This collection is going to be a huge part of my next Most Wanted list...

Here is Eclats du Soir de Chanel!

Regard Signe de Chanel - This limited-edition, holiday-inspired quartet offers endless looks of festive glamour. Deep, dense bronze-gold with a radiant sheen complements colours from violet-plum red to smoky taupe to pink. Embossed with a quilted effect and the CC monogram, each powder eyeshadow is reminiscent of the classic Chanel jacket button. Part of the ÉCLATS DU SOIR DE CHANEL Collection.
- Harmonie du Soir - deep bronze-gold/plum red/smoky taupe/light pink

Ombres Contraste Duo - This foolproof pairing of complementary shades — in two unique textures — is housed in one convenient compact. The softly shimmering light shade is a creamy powder, which can be worn alone for a luminous effect, or as a base to extend the wear of the accompanying deep-toned shadow. The dark shade has intense micronized pigments for true colour application, and a matte finish to create depth and contour. Two applicators are included: a foam-tip to apply the shadows and a brush to blend. Available in six essential shade harmonies designed to take the guesswork out of harmonizing and applying eyeshadow.
- 47 Nuit Claire - deep black/champagne gold

Illusion d'Ombre - This intensely shimmering long-wear eyeshadow offers true versatility. An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner. Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.
- 817 Apparence - metallic pure gold
- 86 Ebloui - deep metallic red plum

Stylo Yeux Waterproof - Waterproof, smudge-proof eyeliner delivers long-lasting definition with a twist of the wrist: Colour winds up when you need it, winds down when you don't. Gentle, soft, silicone-enriched formula delivers smooth, even lining. A built-in sharpener at the opposite end detaches for quick refreshes.
- 85 Grenat - medium brown with a hint of red

Inimitable Intense - This technologically advanced formula builds on the success of the original mascara, delivering dramatic effects with a unique brush. The result is a more intense lash look, with the same easy application. Lashes appear longer, thicker and more curled, yet each lash, even the finest, is still precisely separated – without clumping, spiking or flaking.
- 10 Noir - deep rich black

Joues Contraste - Unique powder blusher offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, and imparts a flattering radiance to cheeks. Remarkably silky texture ensures easy application of seamless colour. Applied high on the cheekbone, or near the eyes, it instantly 'lifts' and softens the face for a more youthful look.
- 73 Star Dust - neutral medium pink

Rouge Allure Velvet - Elevating matte to a new elegance, this next-generation, non-drying matte lipstick glides on lips with intensely rich colour and a sumptuously soft, velvet matte finish.
- 307 L'Impatience - deep berry matte
- 36 La Caline - medium cool blue pink matte

Le Vernis - Classic and trend-defining shades from the runways of Paris. State-of-the-art formula strengthens and moisturizes nails as it delivers long-wearing, high-shine, chip-resistant colour. Applies evenly without streaking.
- 637 Malice - deep metallic red
- 521 Rose Cache - pale pink with a metallic finish

I have several favorite products from this collection, the Illusion d'Ombre eye shadow in the gold hue and Le Vernis in the deep red are at the top of my shopping list.  I have been hoping that Chanel would release a gold shade in that formula ever since I tried and fell in love with that product last summer and now my dreams have finally come true.  I really hope that this shade will be become permanent as these shadows sell out very quickly and take a few months to get back into regular stock at the counters.  These shadows produce a lovely shimmer finish and are the most unique product that I currently own and I always search the newest Chanel collections in the hopes that more shades have been released in this formula.  This is the perfect eye shadow to sparkle at night and the formula lasts all day and then into the night.  I just can't think of a more perfect eye shadow formula than this one!

The next product that I am dying for is Le Vernis in 637 Malice, this deep metallic red will be perfect for the fall and holidays.  It is not that most unique shade that I have ever seen (Illamasqua Scarab is very similar) and therefore I really want to own it but I won't die without it since I could easily get that Illamasqua hue at Sephora.

The other two products that I would really like to own is the deep berry lipstick hue and the eye shadow quartet that is offered with this collection.  This lipstick formula is pretty new for Chanel and I believe that this is the first limited edition collection that it has been brought out with, I think that I got an invitation to an event for this lipstick at my local counter.  I will have to see if I can attend it and try the formula out.  I will finish out my shopping list for this collection with the eye shadow quad as I will get lots of use from these shades and I just love Chanel eye makeup overall.

This is the first single product collection that I have looked at and this one really sets the bar for the rest of the companies, I know that this collection will be one of my favorites for the holidays!

photo courtesy of Chanel

No comments: