Sunday, October 28, 2012

MAC Holiday Gift Collection - Glam It Up: Viva Glam Holiday Kit

We are now on the last part of the MAC holiday collection, a part that is near and dear to my heart and one that I have given many gifts from in years past.  I am talking about the Viva Glam gift sets, every cent of the proceeds from these sales go to benefit the MAC AIDS foundation so you can buy a great gift and help those in need all at the same time.  I do love that I can give to more than one person when purchasing from this part of the collection but I don't know that I will be buying any of the Viva Glam Nicki products since I don't think that any of my friends liked that shade.

Here is the description of the collection from MAC, "Holiday cheer meets holiday chic in the pitch perfect pairing of Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin for M•A•C VIVA GLAM. Every cent of the selling price goes towards helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS."  I wish that I had one or more people to give this giftset to since I love the Viva Glam line from this company.  Maybe next year...

Viva Glam It Up Bag - A clasp-top clutch of glossy black leopard print vinyl over red satin keepsakes two signature lip luxuries - Nicki Minaj's scene-stealing pink satin finish Lipstick and Ricky Martin's colourless Lip Conditioner. Limited edition.

This lipstick shade is a bright pink with a yellow undertone, the yellow undertone is what made this product totally unwearable for me and it is the reason that I didn't buy it when it first came onto the scene.  And you all know how much I wanted this lipstick for months...until I saw it in real life at the counter. 

With the fact that this lipstick was bearly unwearable for me, I doubt that I will be buying this set for any of my friends.  I feel like this group of holiday gift collections ended on a bit of a low note however it is only because I hate the Viva Glam Nicki shade...almost any shade from the previous year and this set would be on my shopping list!

I hope that you have accomplished two things while looking at the MAC holiday gift collections, first picking out a few gifts for the friends and family on your list and second, finding a few little gifts for yourself!  Happy gift shopping!

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: