Saturday, October 27, 2012

MAC Holiday Colour Collection - Glamour Daze

The MAC Holiday collections have officially hit the company's website and will be coming into the stores within the next week and I am so excited!  The initial holiday collections from MAC are always among the best of the best every single year and I am confident that this year will be no different.  First we will start with the part of the collections that I am the most excited for, I can't wait for the colour part of the collection as I have been complaining about how most companies only put gift-based holiday collections out and we see very few single product collections.  This is the time of the year that I am most likely to pick up a very special product or two to wear holiday parties and gatherings and I look more toward individual products and shades when I am going to make my purchases.  Looks like I will be looking very closely at this collection and then calling up the counter to see what I can pre-order!

The MAC holiday Colour collection is named Glamour Daze, a great name single we all seem to get dressed up and go out more during the holiday season.  The holidays aren't my favorite time of the year however I do enjoy attending one or two parties this season and I will want to look special for each gathering.  Glamour Daze contains all kinds of makeup products; from special Lipglasses to the limited edition In Extra Dimension formula cream eye shadows.  This collection contains almost all shimmery products so you will need to love this type of textured products for this collection to work well for you.  If you don't do a lot of shimmer during the rest of the year, this is the perfect time to try out a shimmering eye or lip look and see how much you can change your look with just changing a few products!

Here is the collection description from the MAC website, "The glamour of getting ready to step out for the holidays. Sweet to sexy, lips to nails. Every angle, every detail obsessed over. An unforgettable look emerges in a cool cloud of pale pink edged with smoky grey - the shimmer of a festive finishing touch. One last glance and you're out the door. Limited edition."  I am so envisioning a shimmering gray and silver smoky eye with a cool pink lip...it's time to shop!

Here is Glamour Daze!

Glamour Daze Extra Dimension Eye Shadow - A liquid-powder Eye Shadow with prismatic reflections in eight shimmering tints. Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect. Lasts up to 6 hours. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Ready to Party - pale lilac
- A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude
- Evening Gray - steel silver
- Divine Blue - midtone aqua
- Stylishly Merry - midtone dusty violet
- Stolen Moment - dark taupe
- Round Midnight - dark burgundy
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome - black with pearl

Glamour Daze Fluidline - Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on foolproof with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl
- Catch My Eye - cool taupe gray with dazzle pearl
- Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl

Glamour Daze Kohl Power Eye Pencil - A kohl pencil that has all the intensity and colour power of ultra-soft carbon. Specially formulated to provide deep, fully opaque coverage, provides an intense, smoked finish with duo-chrome pearl. Versatile in application: blend or smudge. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Feline - intense black with black pearl
- Raven - intense black with red pearl
- Orpheus - intense black with gold pearl
- Mystery - intense black with green pearl

Glamour Daze False Lashes Mascara - Fashionably false in look, but honestly real, this mascara's key benefits of volume and curl are matched by a dramatic end look. The unique edge: the ultra-thickening formula in combo with the plush-'em-up action of its unique double-lush brush. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Black - black

Glamour Daze Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street. What made M•A•C famous. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Beauty - pale cool pink
- Innocence - soft coral
- Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet
- Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum
- Dramatic Encounter - deep purple

Glamour Daze Lipglass - Lip colour with large particle pearls reflect and refract light to mimic the brilliance of quartz and opal crystal. Wear alone, or layer over Lipstick for dramatic effect. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Impossibly Sweet - sheer soft pink with multidimensional pearl
- Pink Fade - light creamy pink
- Talk Softly to Me - light creamy coral pink
- Deliciously Demure - soft cool brown with pearl
- Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Glamour Daze Powder Blush - Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas. Different looks. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Easy Manner - light dirty peach
- I'm the One - midtone blue pink
- Small Vanity - dusty rose tan

Glamour Daze Extra Dimension Skinfinish - A liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections that sculpts, highlights and models the face. The cool, creamy near-fluid formula creates a luminous, well-defined finish. Wears 10 hours. Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Whisper of Gilt - light soft white gold with shimmery sheen
- Superb - soft peachy nude with multidimensional shimmer

Glamour Daze Nail Lacquer - Revolutionary new-high gloss formula. Four Glamour Daze shades in two long-wearing finishes - Crème and Pearl. Visibly different for a festive finishing touch. Provides no-streak/no-chip finish. Contains conditioners and UV protection. Go hi-lacquer! Limited-edition Glamour Daze packaging.
- Endless Night - pale gray pink with iridescent pearl
- In the Limelight - mid-tone creamy mint
- Girl Trouble - super glitter pink
- Everything that Glitters - black with super multidimensional glitter

There is a lot going on with this collection so we are going to take a bit of extra time with it.  First of all, I love this collection and it is very unique compared to what I have been seeing so far this season.  I am very impressed with the lack of reds and golds since these two shades tend to make up at least half of the holiday collections and often times make the holiday collections all begin to blend together after the first few weeks of releases.  I am already thinking of creating a look for myself that reminds me much of the 1960s and London, I almost feel like I should be pairing my holiday makeup look from this collection with a Bardot-style bouffant hairstyle!  Very much like the model for this collection...

I am going to be first looking for shades to help me create this look that I have been raving about.  We are starting with the eye makeup products in this collection since they are the cornerstone of my vision.  From the Extra Dimension Eye Shadow, I want Ready to Party and Evening Gray.  I am seeing using these shades as highlighters to start the smoky look.  Next, we need to move onto the eyeliners in this collection, the Fluidline in Little Black Bow will be the next step in creating this look and will be coming home with me when I visit the counter.  I like the Kohl Power in Feline however this shade comes out in so many limited edition collections and I know that I will be able to get it much easier than the limited edition Fluidline shades so I will skip over it unless Little Black Bow is totally sold out with no hope of obtaining it easily.  I want to try this mascara formula however it is part of permanent collection so I can buy this at any time and I already have a good supply of mascara in my traincase...

I can easily skip over the face and cheek products in this collection, nothing really jumps out at me or is so unique that I can't find a very similar shade with another brand.  The next aspect of this collection that I want to shop is the lip products.  I see some items that I want from both the Lipstick and the Lipglass products.  From both of the products, I am looking at the pale pink hues, however I will be taking my tube of Viva Glam Gaga (the original) to the counter so I can see if there is any dupe potential here...I love this shade!  Lipstick-wise, I must buy the Beauty shade to pair with the deep eyes.  Adding on here, I want the Lipglass in Pink Fade and Impossibly Sweet (two more light pink hues), I will use these shades all the time against strong eye makeup and I must own them all.  After I buy these three shades, I am done with lip products.  I don't really love any of the other shades in this collection.

The last piece from this collection that I am considering are the new shades of Nail Lacquer...I love the look that the model is wearing and I am considering taking this picture to my stylist to see how hard this look would be to create on my own.  That being said, there is nothing super special about any of these polish shades and I would be able to create this look with all kinds of shades.  I wouldn't mind buying Endless Night and Girl Trouble but they aren't products that I will be pre-ordering at the moment...but once I see them my thoughts might change.

I love this part of the MAC holiday collections and I am now so excited for tomorrow when we begin looking at the gifting parts of the collections!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: