Sunday, October 28, 2012

MAC Holiday Gift Collections - Fabulousness: Holiday Eye Kits

Yesterday we looked at the MAC holiday colour collection and I fell in love almost instantly, I can't wait to go to the counters this week when the products come out.  Today we are going to start with the gift collections that this company has released this year.  There are a bunch of gift collections and therefore we are going to just dive right in and start wading through all the new gifts that are coming out.  Almost every single year, I give multiple MAC gift sets (all from this collections) and I have seen so many excited friends after they have opened them up.  I just simply can't wait to buy some more gifts this year and we all know that I will find a few items that I will be hoping to unwrap on Christmas morning...

They gift collections are divided up by eyes, lips, brush, etc.  Today we are starting with the Fabulousness collection, this is the collection that contains all the eye makeup palettes.  I am most excited for this collection and the lip product collection (of course) and I will be adding at leawt one of these palettes to my traincase!

"Haute class, stylish inside and out. Elegant Eye Shadow compacts reveal a palette of five perfectly coordinated colours. The satin-tufted compact is a touch of modern romance with its demure black patent bow accent. Includes interior mirror."  I just love the packaging on these palettes and I am so excited that MAC has done some great packaging on the sets (as they didn't do any special packaging for the Glamour Daze collection - I was thinking about that later on last night) and these will make great gifts for all the ladies on your list!

Here are the Fabulousness Holiday Eye Kits!

Fabulousness: 5 Warm Eyes - A palette of five perfectly coordinated warm Eye Shadows that blend for glamorous holiday looks. Highly pigmented M∙A∙C formulas highlight and contour with buildable colour intensity. Satin-tufted compact with demure black patent bow accent.
- Retrospeck - bleached blonde (Lustre)
- Glamourous Light - pale eggshell with pink pearlized pigments (Satin)
- Honesty - pewtered bronze (Lustre)
- Cognac - frosty golden bronze (Frost)
- Sketch - burgundy with red shimmer (Velvet)

Fabulousness: 5 Neutral Eyes - A palette of five perfectly coordinated neutral Eye Shadows that blend for softly chic holiday looks. Highly pigmented M∙A∙C formulas highlight and contour with buildable colour intensity. Satin-tufted compact with demure black patent bow accent.
- Magical Mist - metallic taupe (Lustre)
- Blonde Mink - mid-tone gray with silver pearlized pigments (Lustre)
- Brun - matte blackish brown (Satin)
- Enviable - cool mint green with pearl (Veluxe Pearl)
- Smut - muted black with red shimmer (Velvet)

Fabulousness: 5 Smoky Eyes - A palette of five perfectly coordinated smoky Eye Shadows that blend for deeply dramatic holiday looks. Highly pigmented M∙A∙C formulas highlight and contour with buildable colour intensity. Satin-tufted compact with demure black patent bow accent.
- Taupeless - lavender pink (Lustre)
- Satin Taupe - taupe with silver shimmer (Frost)
- Love Spice - midtonal rosy pink with pearl (Frost)
- Vintage Allure - matte aubergine (Matte)
- Black Slip - rich blackened plum with pearl (Veluxe Pearl)

I love all three of these palettes and I would buy all of them and use them for myself.  If I have to pick a favorite, the 5 Warm Eyes will work the best with the eye makeup shades that I already own and tend to wear the most.  That palette with really help to make a bronze smoky eye look for night or a bit more of a professional look for the office.  I will be the most likely to buy this one for myself however I think that most of my friends would prefer the 5 Smoky Eyes as a gift, these aren't the shades of eye makeup that you would always buy for yourself (unless you have a beauty blog and more makeup than you can store) and therefore this would be a great gift item to help them get dressed up for all the holiday parties that are coming up!

So far, we are off to a great start and now we are heading onto the Divine Desire Face Kits!

photo courtesy of Nordstrom

No comments: