Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Too Faced Holiday 2012 Collection

We are in the thick of the holiday collections arriving to stores and websites and I am eagerly awaiting of all the holiday products that MAC will be releasing at the end of the month.  So far, I have only seen makeup holiday collections in the gift format, I haven't yet looked at any single product collections though I know that Chanel and Laura Mercier will release their holiday color collections very soon (I bet that they are heading to the counters as I type this post).  Today we will look at company that has only ever produced holiday gift collections and whose holiday gift collections are among the best and most covetable every single holiday season.

Of course I am talking about Too Faced and their fantastic selection of holiday gifts!  I have been playing around with my Return of Sexy eye palette that I bought from their fall collections and I have found so many ways to make this palette work (in addition to the looks that are suggested by the company) and I will be adding to my Too Faced coverage when I put up some reviews of the looks that I made with that palette.  The Return of Sexy palette will be a great choice for creating dressed-up night looks for the holidays and I recommend buying it if you have not already...

This holiday collection from Too Faced consists of four new palettes and giftsets, all of which contain a wide variety of color products.  When first looking at the collection, I am at a loss to decide which is my favorite because they all look great and I will need to dig further into the collection in order to decide what I would like to find under my Christmas tree and what products I will be giving to my close circle of friends.

Here is the Too Faced Holiday collection!

The Confection Collection - Our exclusive Christmas eye and lip collection is a complete confection of eye shadows, luxe lip shades and cruelty-free brushes. Celebrate the season’s sweetest moments with sugary shimmers, soft mattes and delightful pinks.  More To Love: Shadow Bon Bons: Includes 12 shadows, 1 full-sized Lashgasm Mascara and 1 Candlelight Shadow Insurance 0.17 Oz; Shadow Brush Set: A trio of our cruelty-free “Teddy Bear Hair” brushes includes a Liner/Smudger, Lid/Smoker and Crease/Blender; La Crème in Fuchsia Shock; Perfect Lips lip liner in Perfect Pink; Reusable pink tote.
- Eye Shadow in Vanilla - matte bone
- Eye Shadow in Cut the Cake - heathered mist
- Eye Shadow in Framboise - deep gray plum
- Eye Shadow in Coffee Bean - matte coffee
- Eye Shadow in Peach Fuzz - peachy gold
- Eye Shadow in Hot Cocoa - chocolate
- Eye Shadow in Candy Rose - pink sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Lovey Dovey - sable brown
- Eye Shadow in Nude Beach - medium gold sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Cinnamon Sugar - bronze sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Marzipan - taupe
- Eye Shadow in Licorice Latte - black with bronze sparkle
- La Creme Lipstick in Fuchsia Shock - medium bright pink cream
- Perfect Lips Lip Liner in Perfect Pink - medium pink

Shadow Bon Bons - This scrumptious collection is an indulgent treat for the eyes with 12 delicious shadows, our must-have ultra-black fluffing mascara, mirror and golden candlelight-inspired shadow primer. Designed to create a range of sweet to sassy, subtle to dramatic looks – any time of the year.  More To Love: 12 High-Pigmented Eye Shadows; 1 Full-sized LashGasm Mascara; 1 Candlelight Shadow Insurance ( 0.17 oz.).
- Eye Shadow in Vanilla - matte bone
- Eye Shadow in Cut the Cake - heathered mist
- Eye Shadow in Framboise - deep gray plum
- Eye Shadow in Coffee Bean - matte coffee
- Eye Shadow in Peach Fuzz - peachy gold
- Eye Shadow in Hot Cocoa - chocolate
- Eye Shadow in Candy Rose - pink sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Lovely Dovey - sable brown
- Eye Shadow in Nude Beach - medium gold sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Cinnamon Sugar - bronze sparkle
- Eye Shadow in Marzipan - taupe
- Eye Shadow in Licorice Latte - black with bronze sparkle

Love Sweet Love - Life is sweetest when you’re in love! Celebrate the spirit of love, sweet love, with two romantic looks, complete with flirty eyes, flushing cheeks and seductively pouty lips - one look for day, and another for night.  More To Love: Book of Love: 6 eye shadows, 2 blushes, 2 lip glosses; Full-sized LashGasm Mascara; Shadow Insurance Eye Primer (0.17 oz.); Perfect Eyes eyeliner in Perfect Black (0.03 oz.); Primed & Poreless Face Primer (.5 oz.); Exclusive "Teddy Bear Hair" face brush; Exclusive gold embroidered velveteen makeup bag.
- Eye Shadow in Vanilla Sugar - matte vanilla
- Eye Shadow in Mocha Ice - matte mocha brown
- Eye Shadow in Ganache - deep matte chocolate brown
- Eye Shadow in Strawberry Cream - medium matte pink
- Eye Shadow in Burnt Sugar - deep matte gray taupe
- Eye Shadow in Licorice Glitz - black with a hint of silver shimmer
- Blush in Pink Caramel - matte neutral pink
- Blush in Lollipop - matte bright pink
- Lip Gloss in Raspberry Truffle - medium cool berry
- Lip Gloss in Bubble Gum - bright pink

Glamour to Go Spun Sugar Edition - Our limited-edition, purse-sized palette offers everything you need for eyes, face and lips in shimmering, sugar-inspired shades and formulas. Glimmering golds and sexy silver hues that make it easy take your look from looking haute for holiday shopping to looking naughty on New Year’s Eve.  More To Love: 8 Pigment Rich Eye Shadows; 1 Universal Bronzer; 1 Brightening Blush; 1 Glimmering Gold Gloss.
- Eye Shadow in Light Gold - antiqued gold shimmer
- Eye Shadow in Gold - warm golden amber
- Eye Shadow in Yellow - pale gold shimmer
- Eye Shadow in Brown - golden brown shimmer
- Eye Shadow in Silver - light silvery glitter
- Eye Shadow in Light Gray - metallic gray shimmer
- Eye Shadow in Dark Gray - cool gray
- Eye Shadow in Black - pewter shimmer
- Highlighting Blush - pink golden shimmer
- Lip Gloss in Clear Gold - sheer gold shimmer
- Medium Bronzing Veil

I love all of these sets, it will be very hard for me to choose just one or two of them to buy for myself.  I think the only one that I can really rule out is the Spun Sugar Edition of the Glamour to Go palette, I pretty much own all of these eye shadow shades already from the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and wouldn't use the gold lip gloss.  I guess this is the only palette that I know that I could skip over.

My favorite of the sets is the one that I have pictured, the Confection Collection.  This is the largest and most complete of all the gifts and I love all the shades and products that are contained in this huge collection.  It contains the whole Shadow Bon Bon set so I won't need to purchase this one by itself and can just get it will all the other products in the Confection Collection.  If I can only get one item from this holiday collection, the Confection Collection would be my first choice.  If I can purchase another piece from this collection, I am very fond of the Love Sweet Love set (even if the name makes me want to gag a bit...).  The eye shadows featured in this set are mostly mattes so I will create more of a subtle smoky eye with this set instead of the looks that I create with the Return of Sexy Eye Palette.  I also love both the blushes and the lip glosses that are included with this set and I will use these pinks well into the spring.

So far this has been a great selection of the holiday products and sets and I am excited for what else is coming over the next six weeks...

photo courtesy of Too Faced

No comments: