Friday, October 5, 2012

NARS and Andy Warhol - Gift Collection

Yesterday we looked at the first part of the NARS and Andy Warhol collection, the color part of the collection.  I already have some top picks from this collection and I am really excited to see the gift part of the collection and I would love to see if some of the products and shades from the color part are contained in small or full sizes in the gift part of the collection.  I only see two sets in this part of the collection which I find a bit disappointing since I would have purchased a lot of items from this set, especially if NARS offered sets of lip glosses or nail polishes.  I would love to see some sets liek that under my Christmas tree and I know that I have some friends that would love to receive these NARS sets too!

"NARS pays tribute to Pop Art pioneer Andy Warhol, one of the most iconic artists of the 20th century", is the official description that Sephora provided for both the color and the gift collections.  I am so confident that I will love at least one or both of the new sets in this collection and I will start making my Christmas list already.  My parents are already beginning to ask me what I would like to get for the holidays and I can see some of the new NARS products going on that list.

Here is the gift part of the NARS and Andy Warhol collection!

Walk on the Wild Side - A limited edition gift set that features a silver illuminator, an ultra-violet polish, and an exclusive Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Orgasm.  Think vivid bright flowers and the high-impact contrast of the silver factory walls - a peek into Andy Warhol's artistic world.  Inspired by this explosive scene, NARS delivers this Sephora-exclusive set that includes gorgeous colors for the complexion, lips, and nails. 
- Nail Polish in It - ultra-violet
- Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Orgasm - peachy pink with shimmer
- Illuminator in Silver Factory - silver

Kiss Mini Larger Than Life Lip Gloss Coffert - A lip gloss coffert featuring five Larger Than Life Lip Gloss shades.  NARS captures the infamous lips of Andy Warhol's muses and the sparkle of the artist's silver studio with a collection of five beautiful, high shine glosses.  Created exclusively for Sephora, these ultraglamorous lip glosses are presented in a keepsake pop art soup can.
- Blue Movie - pink sherbet
- Myths - rosy pink
- Chelsea Girls - flesh-toned beige
- Silver Factory - silver glitter
- Drella - sheer hot pink

I can't say that I love the first set, I doubt that I would really wear most of the shades in it.  I like the Nail Polish shade and the Lip Gloss shade however I already own the regular formula lip gloss in this shade and I only really wear it when I have some color in the warm weather months.  I doubt that I would really use the Illuminator at all so this product wouldn't push me to purchase the set if I don't love the others.

Now the lip gloss set is a completely different story.  This lip gloss set wasn't quite what I was hoping for in that contains random small shades of Larger Than Life Lip Gloss and not small versions of the shades that were introduced with the color collection from NARS and Andy Warhol.  I don't understand why these shades were chosen and why the company didn't do shades from the other part of the collection.  Oh well...  I still will want that buy this set since I love small lip glosses and this set will allow me to try several different shades from this formula and will give me some ideas of what the formulas and pigmentations are like from this product.

Time to start that Christmas list!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: