Thursday, October 25, 2012

China Glaze Holiday 2012 Polish Collection - Holiday Joy

One of my favorite brands has just released their seasonal collection and I could not be more excited.  The other day, I had a good sized haul of polishes from this collection at Sally, I picked up some of the best rated shades from the Makeup Alley Nail Board (WOW, Dorothy Who? is amazing!) and then I found that their fall collection shades were all on the Sale table and I picked up a bottle of Adventure-redy that I have fallen in love with overnight.  I see that they must have been making room for the new holiday collection since I now see that the China Glaze holiday-inspired polishes are now up on the China Glaze website. 

Subtle is not the word for this collection, I see tons of reds and almost everything has a shimmer or glitter finish.  the only creams are dramatic red hues, all of which look exactly like other reds that I already own from either China Glaze or Deborah Lippmann.  These shades will bring attention to your nails this holiday season and there is a shade for every single party that you will attend over the next two months.  Professional, these are not but they are so much fun and I will be wearing them anytime that I am not in professional attire.  Maybe one of the reds could be worn at a company Christmas party but that is about it...

The Ulta website contains the best description of the top rated China Glaze formula.  "China Glaze is a professional-level nail enamel made with a special balance of polymers and resins that combine to create a nail lacquer that is long lasting, chip-resistant and resistant to color and shine fading. Will not thicken in the bottle, no thinners necessary. "  China Glaze has been one of my favorite nail polish formulas and shade ranges ever since I got really into nail polishes about 18 months ago and I have been collecting shades like crazy every single season from this brand.

Here are the new shades from China Glaze holiday!

- Merry Berry - deep berry cream
- Cranberry Splash - bright red with red glitter
- Red Satin - medium blue red cream
- With Love - bright blue red cream
- Pure Joy - red and gold glitter suspended in a clear base
- Champagne Kisses - rose gold glitter suspended in a clear base with subtle holographic glitter bits
- Winter Holly - forest green and subtle gold glitter suspended in a clear base
- Glitter All The Way - mixture of red, purple, green, and gold glitter chunks in a clear base
- Angel Wings - gold glitter suspended in a clear base
- Glistening Snow - silver glitter suspended in a clear base
- Blue Bells Ring - medium ice blue with a metallic foil finish
- Pizzazz - multicolored glitter suspended in a clear base

I just bought a bunch of reds on my last visit to Sallys so I don't know that I really need any of these shades even though I really like them.  Cranberry Splash looks so similar to Ruby Pumps that I know that I can skip over it very easily, Red Satin looks very close to Adventure-redy, and With Love looks exactly like Hey Sailor, shades that are all in my collection already.  I can safely ignore the reds in this collection even though they are very attractive.

Champagne Kisses and Glistening Snow are my favorites in this collection, I love glitter metallics around the holidays and in the winter and these are two great choices.  I have been in love with the rose gold shade ever since it became so popular last spring and I have been using it in all, types of looks for the past few months.  I am more than happy to add Champagne Kisses to my collection and I know that I will wear it all year long.  Glistening Snow will work well for the holidays too and then again for the rest of the year, I love silver hues too and this one must be added to my collection. 

All of the multicolored glitters will be skipped over, these are hues that I would wear very rarely.  I already own Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday and that is the only shade that I wear when I feel the desire to rock a nail look like this.  I don't even wear that shade very much so the last thing that I need to add more shades like this to my collection that is already getting way too big. 

So I only really need two shades from this collection and the rest I will be ok skipping over, this isn't that great of a China Glaze collection for me, normally I want at least four or five shades from every collection and will then end up finding more that I want every time that I go to Sallys or Ulta.  The holiday collection from this collection isn't very unique, it is very similar to the holiday collections from the past two years and none of the shades really change my life.  I am now much more excited for the Skyfall collection from OPI...

photo courtesy of China Glaze's Facebook page

No comments: