Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Several days ago, we talked about lip balm formulas and why the Vincent Longo Cushion Lips SPF 20 product didn't work for me since it didn't last on my lips and I always needed to reapply it.  I am very particular about lip balms and there are very few that I really like and that really work for me.  I am currently using a lip balm that I really love and is actually working out for me so far, the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment.  I received this product for the Sephora Beauty Industry Birthday Gift this year, the original product and a tinted version of the balm were included in a small set for all Beauty Insiders.  This is one of the only lip balm formulas that I have used over the past few years that I actually like as much as my favorite Smith's Rosebud Salve.

My favorite lip balm formulas are thick and soft, not waxy, greasy, or a thin cream.  Most formulas that are a thin cream disappear on my lips within an hour and I always need to reaply quickly to see the benefits from it.  I want a product that will stay on my lips after I apply it and continue to hydrate them for several hours.  I don't care if the lip balm is in a stick or a pot form as long it is soft, hydrating, and lasts for more than an hour or two.  Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is one of the best that I have tried and will be a formula that I will continue to purchase over and over again.

From the Sephora website, "A hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips.  Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture.  Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinke-causing free radicals.  It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays.  This lip-loving essential has a bright, clean citrus scent and is free of petroleum, mineral oil, and lanolin." 

This product started out as being a traditional lip balm but in the year following the initial release, Fresh created a whole line of Sugar Lip Treatments, all of which start with the original best-selling formula and have the addition of some type of tint.  I am currently using the original formula and the one that I still believe is one of the company's best selling products.  I know so many fashion magazines that recommend this product and it is always displayed at Sephora.

The simple fact behind why this product sells so well is that it works well and has a pleasant scent and texture.  I have had lip balms that worked well but either didn't smell very nice or the texture was thick and waxy.  This is one of the few products that works very well, lasts from when I put it on unitl I eat or drink, has a pleasing texture, and manages to smell great yet too.  This is one of the best lip balms that I have ever used and is one of the very few that I would repurchase.  I also love that this lip balm has fewer chemicals in than many other formulas as the average woman ingests about seven pounds of lip product per year...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: