Monday, October 15, 2012

Lancome Hyponse Doll Lashes Mascara

I am forever in the search of huge, thick lashes and I am currently finished my tube of YSL Faux Cils and it therefore is time to find another formula that will give me massive lashes.  I made a Sephora order several weeks ago that was primarily mascara and skincare based and a tube of this product was included with my order, for the longest time I ordered multiple mascaras at once so I always had tons of choices in my traincase but somewhere in the past year, I realized just how much mascara that I already owned and decided to suspend this trend for a bit.  Somehow in the past few months, I saw that I had used up all the tubes of mascara that I already owned and that I needed to revitalize my traincase.  I started with buying the tube of Faux Cils for my French Week coverage last summer and then went on to the Amazing Mascara formula.

As I stated in the review of the Amazing Mascara formula, this is mascara that is best used for daytime volume and wasn't the type of formula that I would use for huge, fake-looking lashes.  Trying to fulfill this obsession was one of the major points of my Sephora order and I order both the Lancome Hyponse Doll Lashes Mascara and the new formula from Buxom (haven't opened this one yet) in the hopes that I would find a formula that performed to my expectations.  I have been using this mascara for about a week now and so far I am pretty happy with it.

From the Sephora website, "A mascara that extends, lifts, and pumps up the volume to doll-like proportions of lashes.  This mascara helps create Lancôme's most flirtatious lash look. A new, unique, cone-shaped brush provides an extremely smooth application, precisely defining even your hard-to-reach corners and lower lashes. This expert formula lifts and thickens every single lash without weighing it down.  This product was ophthalmologically tested and is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."  In addition to the description of the product, Sephora included one of the major results from the research done on this mascara formula.  "With Hypnôse Doll Lashes, women perceived an eye opening effect up to 35% according to a test group of 28 women."

I remember seeing the advertisements for this product when it was first released last year and the models reminded me of the 1960s supermodel Twiggy, with her huge lashes and big eyes.  This mascara was made to make the eyes resemble doll's lashes, really long, huge, and wide-eyed.  This mascara did promise me volume however I found it to be more of a lengthening formula.

I would place this mascara as a lengthening and volumizing formula, I found that it performs better in the lengthening aspect than in the huge volume aspect, this formula did provide volume but not quite the lush lashes that I chase after.  Where this mascara really performs is in making my lashes longer and really separating every single little lash, this is one of those rare formulas that really separates lashes and grabs even the smallest lashes in the corner of my eyes.  I really see the "doll" effect, my eyes look huge when I use this formula and they are much brighter.  I found that I need two coats of this formula to reap any type of volumizing effect, one coat will lengthen and separate my lashes however in order to create the "doll" effect, two full coats are needed. 

I was very impressed at how easy this formula is to remove, it was a breath of fresh air after YSL Faux Cils.  The Faux Cils formula smears during removal and leaves black residue all over my undereye area.  This mascara removed easily and fully with the use of eye makeup remover and didn't create more of an issue when I remove it at the end of the day.

I like this formula but I would need to own this with at least one or two more mascara formulas with it, this is another formula that I prefer to use during the day or in the summer months.  I don't get the fake lash look that I prefer from this formula.  I will buy more tubes of this mascara to use during the day and I am hoping that the new mascara from Buxom that I also bought will fulfill my need for very dramatic volume lashes.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: