Thursday, October 4, 2012

NARS and Andy Warhol Collection - Color Collection

One of the collections that I have been most excited about since I first began to see hints of it several weeks ago is the NARS and Andy Warhol collection.  This collection has finally hit Sephora at the beginning of this week but it hasn't yet appeared on the NARS website.  This collection ushers in the holiday color season but I am not sure if it is the official NARS holiday collection as of yet.  I have decided to divide this collection into two posts, today we are going to look at the individual color products that are available in the NARS and Andy Warhol collection and tommorrow we will dive into the sets will make wonderful gifts this holiday season.  NARS is a favorite brand of mine and I want to buy some of the individual shades for myself now and put some of the sets on my Christmas list!

I pretty much love everything that NARS comes out with and I am already plotting when products I want to get the next time that I visit Sephora...and now I have this collection to look at and add to my wishlist!  Throughout the whole fall season, I have insisting that I need to buy more eye makeup and skincare products and that I should not be buying more lipstick and lip gloss shades.  And how well have I been doing with this resolution?  Well I have been buying a few new mascaras and eye makeup overall and I certainly have bought some great new skincare products...but the rest of the resolution isn't going quite as successful as I had hoped it would.  I already know that I will want more lip products from NARS the next time that I go to Sephora and have been checking out more shades in their permanent Lipstick range already and I am hoping that some great new lipsticks are released in this collection.

"NARS pays tribute to Pop art pioneer Andy Warhol, one of the most iconic artists of the 20th century.", states the Sephora website when describing both the color and gift collection.  I am a bit disappointed that I don't see any Lipsticks in this collection however I have been in love with one of the eye shadow palettes since I first saw sneek peek pictures of it on several different beauty blogs.  At least this means that I will be upholding one part of my beauty resolutions...

Here is the color part of the NARS and Andy Warhol collection!

Debbie Harry Eye and Cheek Palette - A stunning, limited edition eye and cheek palette featuring four new eye shadow shades and two new blush shades.  Pop star meets pop artist in Debbie Harry Eye and Cheek Palette.  Reinterpreting the glamour and grit of Debbie Harry's downtown scene, this audacious palette of shimmering shadows and blushes was created exclusively for Sephora.  Inspired by Andy Warhol's use of Diamond Dust, this sultry spectrum sparkles with shimmer and micronized diamond powder.  The compact's mirror comes etched with one of Warhol's famously playful quotes, "I always say, one's company, two's a crowd, and three's a party."
- Eye Shadows - twinkling purple/sparkling turquoise/white shimmer/starry black
- Blushes - shimmering pink champagne/brilliant cream

Flowers Eye Shadow Palette - A captivating, limited edition eye shadow palette featuring the art of Andy Warhol.  Andy Warhol's vibrant poppies were among his most iconic paintings.  Created exclusively for Sephora, NARS pays homage to Warhol's famous silkscreen flora with three palettes for painting the town, each emblazoned with a Warhol witticism.  Memorable quotes etched into the interior mirrors include: "If you can convince yourself that you look fabulous, you can save yourself the trouble of primping." (Flowers 1); "You need to let the little things that would ordinarily bore you suddenly thrill you." (Flowers 2); "All is pretty." (Flowers 3). 
- Flowers 1 - white, brown rose, dark lavender, and gold against a shimmering lavender gray background and black overspray
- Flowers 2 - white and heather blue against a shimmering lavender gray background and black overspray
- Flowers 3 - white, pink champange, and dark brown against a shimmering lavender gray background and black overspray

Soft Touch Shadow Pencil - A smooth and creamy allover eye pencil.  Soft Touch Shadow Pencil provides smooth, long-wearing eye color with easy application.  It can be used for shading the lid, smudging along lash line, or highlighting the browbone or inner corner of the eye.  It can be easily blended, making it the ideal base for layering with a powder shadow for increased color intensity.
- Silver Factory - silver
- Empire - black
- Trash - vivid purple
- Heat - teal

Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner - A dramatic and intense 12 hour liner.  NARS Larger Than Life Longwear Eyeliner takes liner to the next level.  Designed with a retractable applicator and built-in sharpener, this liner has a rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely budge-proof finish.  Its incomparable wear lasts for 12 hours without smearing or caking.  The deeply dramatic shades are named for the most iconic streets in the world.  Start your day in one iconic city and end it in another with your liner maintaining absolute intensity.  This product is ophthamologist tested.
- 47th Street - black with silver shimmer

Blush - A sheer, soft pressed blush.  NARS Blush offers a wide range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion.  Designed to be worn alone or layered together for more depth, NARS Blush provides a healthy glow to flatter any skintone.
- Satellite of Love - sparkling gold sand

Larger Than Life Lip Gloss - A lip gloss that imparts intense color and brilliant shine.  Outrageously lustrous color meets serious shine in this NARS gloss.  It's stay-in-place dramatic shade glides on smoothly and evenly for lips that are more luminous and voluminous than ever before.  Long-lasting, high-shine hues are are infused with ingredients that nourish and fight free radicals while natural lip enhancers pump up the volume.  A new, shorter bristle brush delivers the most precise application possible.  However you want to express yourself, Larger Than Life Lip Gloss says it boldy, brilliantly, and brazenly.
- International Velvet - pink glace
- Viva - rich rose
- Hollywoodlawn - bright orange red
- Candy Says - shimmering strawberry pink
- Penny Arcade - raspberry
- Rouge Tribal - metallic burgundy

Nail Polish - A new, improved formula of NARS Nail Polish for long-lasting, durable, glossy nails.  This season, NARS Nail Polish line debuts a new long-wearing formula that provides a tough, chip-resistant finish with UV protection to prevent polish discoloration.  For best results, apply NARS Base Coat before applying color, then use the quick drying NARS Top Coat for a shiny finish.  NARS Nail Polish is free of toluene and formaldehyde.
- TV Party - vivid orange
- 15 Minutes - lemon yellow
- Superstar - teal
- New York Dolls - purple
- Back Room - black

I am so excited to see that this line is finally up and available for purchase at Sephora!  My favorite piece of it is the item that I have pictured, the Flowers 3 palette.  I love the shades that are offered here and I know that I will get lots of use from them with many of the eye shadows that I already own.  This is one of the few items that I MUST own this holiday season and it is already on the top of my shopping list!  That being said, I still like a bunch of the other items in this collection. 

From the eye makeup part of the collection, I also like the Flowers 1 palette.  I am interested in the Soft Touch Eye Shadow Pencil however I have not seen many good reviews on either the formula or the wear of the product so I may need to try one at Sephora and decide if it even worth me buying one of them.  From this new grouping, I like the Silver Factory shade.  I am going to remain hopeful that this will be a creamy silver shadow with lots of shimmer and sparkle.  The Long Wear Eyeliner is a product that I really want from this collection, I love this new shade and I can't wait to wear it all through the holidays.  I do hope that the silver shimmer is very obvious and it will provide a great look when dressing up and going out. 

I can easily skip over the blush shade in this collection, it is too warm for me and won't work at all on my skintone.  The Larger Than Life Lip Gloss is not a lip gloss formula that I have tried yet but we all know how much I love NARS lip products and I am confident that I need to buy several of these glosses.  My favorite shade from this line up is Viva, the deep rose hue.  This shade is just perfect for fall and winter and will work against many different types of eye makeup hues.  Penny Arcade is the other shade that I really want and it is for the exact same reasons, this berry hue will be another flattering shade for my skintone.

To round out my shopping list for this part of the NARS and Andy Warhol collection is the new nail polish hues.  I am excited to hear that NARS has improved their formula, their formula used to be as varied as MAC's but this company always had better colors.  Now it looks like I have yet another line of nail polishes to start collecting...  Starting with this new color collection, I want to buy Superstar and Backroom.  I want to add a basic black polish to my collection since I am beginning to see some great glitter top coats for the holidays and I love pairing them with deep polish hues. 

I am very excited about the color part of the collection for NARS and Andy Warhol.  Tommorrow we will look at the gift part of the collection, I would love to see if some of these products and shades are offered in giftsets so I can collect even more products!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: